Notices

HELP!! Bugeye wrx engine in to blobeye sti shell.

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2013, 10:02 PM
scooby doo sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Bugeye wrx engine in to blobeye sti shell.

Can anyone help, I bought a wrapped blobeye wrx car and also bought a sti blobeye shell. The loom on both cars were both there but someone told me I could use the sti loom anyway to run the wrx engine. The wrx engine has an 04 sti ecu running it. I have done 90% of the work.. changing engine over to sti shell and rear axle and drive train. But as I came to put the steering column in I noticed all the wires had been cut for (ignition,airbags,wiper stalk and indicator stalk). I have managed to locate some wires off the donor cars wiring but some are different colours so now I'm totally stumped as to where they go.

Any help would be appreciated, so frustrating to get so close to finishing yet so far!!

go easy on me I'm a newbie! thanks in advance .
Old 30 March 2013, 10:09 PM
kevstar81
Scooby Regular

If it was me I would try get the ignition one working first. at least then you can test the rest and see whats working.
why are you stumped? are they different connectors?
Old 30 March 2013, 10:19 PM
scooby doo sti
Scooby Regular

I have the igonition plug all wired in and the airbag wires wired in, turn the ignition the dash lights up airbag light goes out. But I'm left with a bunch of wires that have just been hacked I've bared the wires on the ignition loom in the car to see if any match up with the ignition loom that come on the steering column I fitted, like I said I have done a few but there's about 15 wires that are not the same colour so I don't know which wire connects to which.
Old 30 March 2013, 10:35 PM
kevstar81
Scooby Regular

trace the wires back to the plug and see which plug you unpluged. might give you an idea of where it goes. next thing is a volt meter that you can switch to live. you can then power up the wire and see what it does. just be careful its not rhe air bag your powering up.
last option would be an auto electriction.
Old 30 March 2013, 10:39 PM
scooby doo sti
Scooby Regular

Thing Is the wires were cut in the sti shell so i cut the wires off the bugeye steering column wiring thinking they would be the same colour and would just need to plug and play but like I said got a dozen or so now that's different coulors. Thanks for your help. Think I may need to get someone to look at it.
Old 30 March 2013, 11:04 PM
kevstar81
Scooby Regular

on the one you have cut try and chase it back. there should be blocks to unplug.
Old 31 March 2013, 07:49 AM
scooby doo sti
Scooby Regular

Ok thanks will check and let you know the outcome