Notices

Hello ! (new user) - few issues to get sorted

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2013, 03:36 PM
tom86
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello ! (new user) - few issues to get sorted

Hi all, just a quick note to say i bought a 05 reg WRX Wagon this week. It is my first subaru and i am already enjoying all it has to offer !

It is

Subaru
Impreza WRX Wagon
Black / Gold wheels / red calipers
as far as i can tell box standard (the way i wanted it when buying one)
FSH
2 previous owners (1 was the garage as a demo)
42k on the clock

Generally it is very clean inside and out but there is a few things i want to sort out. I have already taken out the standard radio and replaced it with my double din kenwood sat nav in car phone DVD, ipod thingy. Really happy with how that all fitted. You can tell Subaru's are made by engineers as all the screws for the radio, dash and glove box were exactly the same !

The speakers however are terrible ! so i will be looking to upgrade them somehow.

Bad bits which i knew when i bought the car are

a stone has gone through the front bumper part which houses the N/S/F fog lamp, is this a sepperate piece or do i need to take off the whole bumper and repair it with fibre glass ?

small dent (penny size) on the N/S/F door, ill get that pulled out.

Bad bits which i didnt know !

After about 200 miles and the car was nice and warm i am getting a knocking / noise when turning at very low speeds from the N/S/F it sounds like a CV joint has gone.

O/S/R very slight noise and the car will sit down in that corner when pulling away at low speeds. I suspect the shock has gone.

But again the car didnt miss a beat or make any noise what so ever when i bought it which is annoying they must have know about these items. The warrentee that comes with the car is one of those pony 3 month ones which only covers a light bulb going wrong on the 3rd sunday of the month and has a £300 excess.

Sold as seen i guess but i really was looking for the best low millage example i could find.

Thoughts on the above please guys.