V3 STi Nardi Wheel Install on P1 with HKB Boss

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2013, 10:08 PM
Felix79
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V3 STi Nardi Wheel Install on P1 with HKB Boss

Hi everyone,

I really hope someone can guide me or tell me what am I doing wrong.

I got an STi Nardi wheel from a MY96 Impreza to go on my P1, because as we all know the MOMO airbag wheel the P1/UKDM cars came with is horrid.

Initially as a temp solution I just took the clock spring off and fitted the wheel directly on, keeping the lower wheel colum cowling off to stop the rubbing. Obviously doing things this way meant I lost my horn and indicator self cancel.

I ordered a HKB-OS224 boss which is the correct one for an airbag colum classic. So as I started to mock things up I was at a lost how on earth the Nardi wheel fits to the boss kit. In the end I managed to remove the copper ring that the non airbag wheels use for the horn and then I removed 5/6 allenkey bolts which allowed a lump of metal come out which has the teeth to fit on the steering shaft.

There is a steel plate that has various holes in it and then there is the internal metal work that fits in the wheel when you put the front of the wheel on. When I try and line up some screw/bolts for the boss I can not figure out what is the correct method I should use. If I take the metal frame work out of the wheel, there are 4 holes that line up perfectly, but when you try do this with it in place in the wheel housing, it just seems to not fit properly.

I've been searching the net for weeks trying to get a clear lamens termed guide for fitting this really nice wheel, using an appropriate boss kit on an airbag spec car. Please, please, please, please, please can someone help guide me through this?

For the last 7 years my health is so poor, I can rarely do anything with my own cars and finally there are these little finishing touches I can do sat down, which as sad as it seems, really makes me proud I did something myself. I do have really good friends who always offer to do work for very little money, but I would love to see the look on their faces when I show them a job I did, that was done right.

I have done searches on here and I've not really seen anyone ever give a step by step guide on how to correctly install the v3 Nardi wheel and if I could see what to do, I am sure I can do it. The panflit in the box was in Japanees and the pictures were just going on about fitting the 3.3ohmz resistor.

Thank you in advanced for any help, be it pictures, a manual, a video or just basic tips it will help me a great deal.

Regards,

Felix

Thanks in advance
Old 19 February 2013, 06:40 PM
scooby800
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump im struggling with very similar problem and very sorry about the thread hijack