Notices

Hawk eye sti hesitation/misfire

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2013, 10:19 AM
t999cuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawk eye sti hesitation/misfire

Hi, been having a funny issue for a few days. As I excellerate through the revs almost as soon as you reach about 3k the car feels like its on kangaroo petrol, power on off on off and very jerky. Essentially as soon I come on boost. Eml has also come on. I was told it might be a misfire but I assumed this would happen in all gears yet there is no problem in first on happens once in second and more noticeable in 3rd and 4th. I've read on here about possible boost and map issue for my06 cars but its already on ecutek so I'm not sure.

It seems i ntermittent as its not always doing it say 80% of the time I put my foot down, and as you reach higher up the revs it's seems to subside. I guess I'll have to take it back to the stealers just thought I'd ask people's opinions first.

Bit annoying as I've only had it since October and I've got a big spend next month as its booked into api for a forged rebuild, oh well.

Many thanks tom
Old 09 February 2013, 10:36 AM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

Checking the eml code would be your starting point
Old 09 February 2013, 10:49 AM
moneys
Scooby Regular

What fuel you running it on? I had this when I ran it on bp ultimate. I only did this as the garage I bought it from gave me half a tank of it. Only ever run it on vpower. I got my plugs an ecu changed. A month or two later the hg failed though. If your getting it forged then this will be part of it so you won't have to worry about other expenses on top said imagine your getting the updated hg and arp studs like I did
Old 09 February 2013, 02:11 PM
t999cuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
What fuel you running it on? I had this when I ran it on bp ultimate. I only did this as the garage I bought it from gave me half a tank of it. Only ever run it on vpower. I got my plugs an ecu changed. A month or two later the hg failed though. If your getting it forged then this will be part of it so you won't have to worry about other expenses on top said imagine your getting the updated hg and arp studs like I did
It's only ever been run on tesco 99, can't get v power round here. Yeah I'm not worried about hg because I know it'll soon be in safe hands at api. Think ill have to take a trip to crossroads this week and get it checked over, hopefully only a plug but I kinda assumed if get misfire in every gear if it was that but I'm first there's nothing.
Old 09 February 2013, 06:30 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

I got new plugs an ecu reset an all was ok. How long have you had the car?
Old 09 February 2013, 06:54 PM
t999cuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
I got new plugs an ecu reset an all was ok. How long have you had the car?
I've had it since October, I pretty certain it's gonna be the plugs just gotta give crossroads a ring and see if ill be paying for it. If like to have assumed they'd have been checked when I bought the car suppose they could have degraded in 2000miles since it was in their hands.