Notices

Headers that go straight on without mods and widemouth downpipe?

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2013, 12:37 PM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers that go straight on without mods and widemouth downpipe?

Hi all looking for the best flowing power supporting system for my impreza uk turbo my00.
Ive done a search on ebay seen whats avaliable, in the way o f headers it seems most are in need of a sump change and firewall mod to fit. Im after unequal length to keep sound but will produce better power and less lag etc. can anyone sujjest and lead me in the correct direction of some direct fit headers proven to produce better powr and less lag?

Also i currently have a decat 2.5 system and the downpipe is of the normal 2 mouth mounth on turbo. Ive seen a full 3 inch system complete decat with widemouth downpipe mount, are these proven to produce better figures then what i have fitted already? Or should i just save my money on the zorst and just fit the headrs. Tnks
Old 21 January 2013, 01:08 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

for maximum flow of gases out, get the headers a good up-pipe, wide down pipe no cats and adecent bore centre and back section. all that could cost quite a bit - and all youve really done is maximise flow OUT of the engine along with failing mots ect.

so its never going to add lots of power , you could get a quicker spool, a wee hike in peak power and a nice noise

but im sure most will agree a badly matched set of components could leave you worse off. so have a good read around projects and builds, ask some tuners maybe what they recommend,

as a rule the shiny ebay speacials dont always go down to well, but tbh ive not seen any that require a different sump ect??
Old 21 January 2013, 01:13 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

as a word of warning will also need mapping once done
Old 21 January 2013, 01:28 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only the twinscroll headers(Equal) and badly designed single scroll headers would require a sump swap, A set of RCM or GT Spec are a straight fit and decent quality.
Old 21 January 2013, 01:52 PM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

Yeh i am aware of the map, i dont change anything on the running of my car without getting it teaked! Ok thanks for the advice