Classic rwd options?

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2012, 09:57 PM
munnsy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic rwd options?

hi guys,
right ive decided i am definately going to do an rb25 conversion on my classic 1995 sti.
There are many ways i can go about this but as i am new to the subaru im after a little friendly advice regarding diffs and rear subframe arrangement setup to be reliable for a fast road setup.

Basicaly, once the rb is mounted with the rb manual gearbox, i will either stay with standard diff and adapt the prop to suite,
or look into mounting a nissan diff and halfshafts then adapting to suite the subaru hubs.

What im asking is how strong or more to the point weak are these diffs etc on the stock subaru??

obvuiously they were never designed to take such stresses, but im hearing on the net all the time that guys running rwd conversion are running stock diff and that they tend to be fairly reliable.
ive been advised theres one diff that may be of use, cant remember what now though tbh just after solid reliablitly.
Powerwise the rb will be running around 300 initially to get the car running and set up, but eventually will be chasing the 450 capabilites of the rb

any help and suggestions hugely appreciated

dave

Last edited by munnsy; 30 December 2012 at 10:04 PM.