Notices

Shell swap, respray or Another Classic

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2012, 06:06 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shell swap, respray or Another Classic

My muched loved and cared for classic in the last few weeks had been in the wars, it has gained a scrapped front bumper, a scrap down the side and a door dink all in the week before Xmas. It also has the early signs of an arch issue. I have been a vehicle refinisher for years but recently lost my job( like so many painters in the country, there is a real issue at the moment ) this means I could do the work myself if I get time in a workshop. I have been toying with the idea of respraying it white, or gun metal grey. Tho to do a good job means removing all the windows and interior, engine etc. other option is to buy a full shell as so many nice classic are being broken, issue I find is most parts are sold body wise before I see the add or have similar arch issue. Another thought I have been having is to just buy another clean classic get mine garaged till I have time and space to sort the issue in mine. What would people suggest? Advise the best route?
Old 28 December 2012, 08:23 PM
super_ted
Scooby Regular

I'm breaking my import sti shell if you're looking? All complete with all panels & bumpers if you are quick. Has no rust whatsoever being an import. Pm me for more details.

Btw this is the shell

Last edited by super_ted; 28 December 2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 28 December 2012, 09:52 PM
James N
Scooby Regular

Reshell or repair mate, if you can afford to go down either route then do it. The fact you're contemplating it means you must want to keep the car
That black shell does look good actually..!
Just seen you're only in Ipswich too, I'm in Sudbury, happy to help if there's anything you need assistance with

Last edited by James N; 28 December 2012 at 09:53 PM.