Notices

Straight up swap fmic - wheels

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2012, 05:43 PM
Imprezive
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Straight up swap fmic - wheels

A friend of mine just offered me a strei up swap for his for wheels , there the original 16" 5 spoke gold import wheels , the exact same ones that I have but in a lot better nick and with 4 new tyres , for my autobahn 88 fmic and pipe work . Currently my car is on.y around 300hp give or take so there for I have no need for the fmic and its taking up space in the shed, is this a decent swap or can I pick up the wheels for cheaper than a used fmic?
Old 18 December 2012, 06:12 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Imprezive
A friend of mine just offered me a strei up swap for his for wheels , there the original 16" 5 spoke gold import wheels , the exact same ones that I have but in a lot better nick and with 4 new tyres , for my autobahn 88 fmic and pipe work . Currently my car is on.y around 300hp give or take so there for I have no need for the fmic and its taking up space in the shed, is this a decent swap or can I pick up the wheels for cheaper than a used fmic?
Depends if you need tyres bud. The Autobahn is a good cooler and fits well, mine didn't need too much faffing around to fit.

But the 16's I've managed to get a few times now for pretty cheap. Silver ones cheapest at £30.
Old 18 December 2012, 06:16 PM
Imprezive
Scooby Regular

The car has 4 prada tyres on at the moment and the wheels are in some state ! But they tyres have say for 2 years without moving as I'm doing a restoration , I just wanted to know if I'm outing myself out of pocket swapping my cooler and pipes for the exact same wheels as I already have , I was quoted around 40 per wheel for a refurb do that's £160 all in plus tyres so what do you's think ? Thanks for the reply !

Originally Posted by Jimbob
Depends if you need tyres bud. The Autobahn is a good cooler and fits well, mine didn't need too much faffing around to fit.

But the 16's I've managed to get a few times now for pretty cheap. Silver ones cheapest at £30.
Old 18 December 2012, 09:04 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Stick the car on axle stands and get your wheels refurbed. If the tyres haven't deflated then they should be fine.
Old 01 January 2013, 11:19 PM
Imprezive
Scooby Regular

Cheers as always mick , tyers are still good they don't seem cracked or anything , I will be updating the progress thread soon on her resorption and glad to say I'm a little further in to it ... I have a few suprises in stock happy new year mate , sorry for late reply - Jordan.