car wont start (help)

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2012, 10:42 PM
dooby-do
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont start (help)

hi people i have a my95 wrx turbo,anyway i recently fitted a new engine,
turbo,fuel pump,injectors,gearbox and clutch anyway after i fitted it all the car started fine,smoked a little but i put this down to needing remapping,
went out this morning to start it up again didnt start on the first turn but fired up on the second turn,but noticed the down pipe was blowing so removed the turbo fitted a new gasket and put it all back together now the car wont start it turns over fine but wont start every now and then it tries to fire up but dont quite start,i did notice that when i removed the turbo there was lots of black soot but again i put this down to fitting a much bigger fuel pump than the standard walbro 1 that was on it i belive the pump is a syvec pump,anyway any ideas people im thinking that with so much fuel going throught the plugs may have got bogged up with crap from all the fuel going throught,or that the fuel is low and the pump isnt quite picking it up as its between empty and 1/4 but i can smell fuel when trying to turn it over. i havent drove the car as im waiting for it to be mapped,any idea as what it could be would be much appriated kind regards ben
Old 29 October 2012, 09:04 AM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Yep probably is flooded. Remove the plugs. Clean and dry them. Remove the crank sensor and crank the engine a good amount with no plugs in it. This is to pump out any excess fuel. Refit dry clean plugs connect sensor and hopefully should then start
Old 29 October 2012, 12:28 PM
dooby-do
Scooby Regular

Will give it a go, cheers for the advise