Running weak and cutting fuel pump relay

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2012, 10:57 PM
DanielzZz
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running weak and cutting fuel pump relay

Hi guys and girls.
I have a very strange unsolvable problem with my JDM WRX (ver1).The car is running very weak,it boosts to 0,5bar like before but it doesnt pull the same.I changed the uppipe,maf sensor,did an ECU reset and nothing.I even changed the engine block and pistons (I've put JE forged ones) and nothing - the car still runs weak.After 3 months of not driving it there is another problem.The fuel pump relay clicks and the fuel pump stops working.Then it starts again and idle rpms are around 2k.This is very annoying and dangerous,especially when in boost.It does it frequently when it's cold and not so frequently when it's warmed up.I also don't know if the car should boost all the way up to 0,9bar.It never went there but it pulled hard till 0,5.Now it's weak.I've changed the ****ty simota boy racer air filter and put the original airbox with k&n one.I have a bov installed(not by me) - Bailey with a weak spring.

Another thing - previously,when the car pulled hard I could hear the turbo spool very loud,now I can't hear it at all (but this may be from the airbox).

It's a long topic and I hope someone helps me,because I'm starting to hate the car.

P.S.I did an ECU check - Errors 21 and 24,erased ECU and nothing...
Error 21 is about a temp sensor - I changed that and the error is still there.Error 24 says that I have a problem with the IAC valve,I'm going to clean it tommorow.

Last edited by DanielzZz; 23 October 2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 24 October 2012, 04:30 PM
DanielzZz
Scooby Newbie

I'm starting to think its the ECU.
Old 24 November 2012, 04:27 PM
scoobwrx94import
Scooby Regular

have u got a after market fuel pump or standard one if standard u mite find its failing when its working hardest ie when ure gettin to top end of ure boost was the same as my mates turbo 2000 i just changed for him was starting to go and had hardly any pressure when hooked up to a battery when i took it out the car replaced we a walbro and its cured
Old 24 November 2012, 05:12 PM
Baz82
Scooby Regular

Or a dodgey fuel pump relay or wiring ? I would have chaecked that before ripping the engine apart myself