Notices

My plans and conclusions thus far

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2012, 11:08 AM
anyonewilldo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My plans and conclusions thus far

Right I'v been having a real problem with loseing fuel when accelarating hard out of a corner and have put this down to fuel pump , the weird thing is it doesn't do it in a straight line ??? Anyway I will replace this with a walbro and a new fuel regulator as the guage on it is broken so I'm guessing this is not working correctly either and will replace the fuel filter aswell at same time and hopefully eradicate the problem ! Fingers crossed

Now I messaged scooby clinic as I'm looking at up grading the cars ecu to one that's remapable and putting the next size up injectors 440 as the cars ecu (z4) is chipped and not mapped properly for all the mods that are on the car so is clearly not gonna run properly or at its full and best potential !

But when I gave them the item number of the Car on eBay which is 120954459960 which shows the mods and I wrote this

Hi I'v recently purchased a 94 wrx import With a 2004 wrx Sti engine apparently !!!

The spec of the car is on the eBay listing item number 120954459960 if you could please look at the listing for the spec as there is way too much to write and would probably miss bits !

My problem is there is a fault somewhere in the fuelling , in a straight line the car runs fine but when going round a corner then accelarating hard the car stutters as tho no fuel is there for a split couple of seconds then kicks back in ??? I'v had the fuel pump out and it's not a walbro 255 but probably a cheap copy so I'm intending on replacing this with a walbro , changing the fuel filter and updating the injectors from the 330 to 440 I think the next up are ? . Also the fuel pressure regulator guage doesn't work so I'm guessing that doesn't work either but wouldn't know how to test this but again it looks a cheap one so will probably replace this also and hopefully this will eradicate all problems as its very annoying losing the fuel when going around a corner quicker than 10 mile an hour lol !!!!

Now the z4 ecu is chipped which I'm guessing it's great for the car as its not mapped properly for all the mods on the car so is probably not running as well as it could ? Is it possible to remap a z4 or would I need an apexi , gems , simtek ecu to have it done properly ? And with the mods and changes what sort of horse power would I be looking at ?

There is a lot of stuff in the car like the apexi air flow and greddy boost controller that I'm guessing you would use when remapping the car to tweak and so on aswell as the fuel pressure regulator Is that the case or not ?

There's a lot on this car and you know what the stuff does more than I do so if you could please look and give me a rundown of what you recomend and figures and prices il see you in a week or 2 to have it all set up properly by you and hopefully have a quick safe engine/car

I got this back

Hi,

sounds like a right old mess of incorrect bits and bobs which need going through, a stating point would be a mappable ecu, we recommend an Alcatec at £799.00 + vat fitted and mapped, we would not use any boost controllers or fuel fiddlers as these generally are not as good as the ones in the Alcatek ecu.
You mention injectors, these must NOT be swapped out until the vehicle is here to be mapped or the car will bore wash causing major damage to the bores.

A 2004 engine would not work in a 94 wrx as the later unit has avics control and a completely different ignition and timing set up, to run a later sti engine in an *early you would need a Syvecs ecu at £1695.00 + vat and a shed load of extra wiring done by someone like us.

We need to see the car to advise further but I would not run it around to much as it sounds at risk of going pop.

Cheers
Kev

Well that's pissed on my bonfire ! What do you guys think ? Is there anyway of telling what year my engine is from ?
Old 22 August 2012, 11:20 AM
anyonewilldo
Scooby Regular

Just been told the block is from a 2004 the rest head , wiring , sensors etc is from an older engine that fits obviously
Old 22 August 2012, 09:08 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

how much fuel is in the tank when it does it, if its under half thats your answer, also some of the pick up filters for the walbros are too small and dont go deep enough into the tank, most reuse the stndard filters
Old 22 August 2012, 09:22 PM
anyonewilldo
Scooby Regular

It seems to do it all the time ! Its deffo done it with just over half a tank ! And I've had the pump out as I just assumed it was a Walbro when in the listing on eBay it said 255lph fuel pump but it's not engraved on the side of it saying Walbro anywhere so I'm guessing it's a cheaper version !!!!

The pick up filter is about 40 mm by 40 mm it ain't big at all !!! Could this be the problem ?
Old 22 August 2012, 09:37 PM
anyonewilldo
Scooby Regular

I Believe your onto a winner here ! It's the fooking pick up filter it's fecking tiny and isn't sitting low enough in the tank Il try this first and hopefully it will cure it , I've just read loads about Walbro and aftermarket fuel pumps causing fuel starvation because of the pick up sock filter being too small
Old 23 August 2012, 06:53 AM
stedee
Scooby Regular

thats the one , use the one off your old pump if youve got it.