Notices

vacum pipes and down pipe and clutch need help

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2012, 08:36 PM
blue_scooby187
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacum pipes and down pipe and clutch need help

hi i was after some advice i recently bought a 99 scooby for some summer fun and now have fell in love but i think the retard who owned it before me has put some fancy vac pipes on it and got them wrong as it keeps blowing certain 1s off and then runs lumpy on tick over and cuts out i put them back on but if ya flying about they come off again also i was looking at a decat pipe some have a large hole then a small hole next to it and some just a large hole which is best for my car??? it has a blitz nur spec center and rear and also what sort or bhp will an exedy pink box clutch handle thanks
Old 28 July 2012, 09:47 PM
WRX300_AVR
Scooby Newbie

Hi, which pipes are blowing off? The pipes should be sucking and not blowing so should almost hold them selves in position. I would imagine if they have been changed then they have fitting a larger diameter pipe which is probably falling off. These pipes should be quite a tight fit.
As for the down pipes the best ones in my opinion are the bell mouthed pipes but better still is the bell mouth with a divider plate that sits inside the mouth of the down pipe but protrudes into the turbo as a sort of barrier next to the wastegate. There is a link on a recent post which explains this very well.
Old 30 July 2012, 07:11 AM
blue_scooby187
Scooby Regular

Hello mate cheers for the reply the pipes that are popping off are 1 goes from the top of the butterfly to the front top bit of the manifold next to where the dump valve pipe goes on the next one is in front of the turbo next to the head there a little valve thing!! The other 1 comes of the back of manifold goes to a T piece then to a valve on the osf front wing and to a canister thing at the front of the car!!! Where is the best place to get this de cat pipe you describe??? Cheers again
Old 30 July 2012, 08:28 AM
WRX300_AVR
Scooby Newbie

Are these pipes a tight fit? Here is the link someone posted the other day about the down pipe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHY3X1xb8eU and the web site is Mrtperformance.com..au
Old 30 July 2012, 10:53 AM
blue_scooby187
Scooby Regular

The slip on would not say there hard to pull off mate do you think that's what it is??? Need it to be running sweet for the run to Santa pod at weekend or could the previous owner got them wrong
Old 30 July 2012, 09:35 PM
WRX300_AVR
Scooby Newbie

It could be yeah. You are better off buying a length of vac pipe and changing one at a time do that you dont get mixed up. If you go to a motor factors and ask for the smaller size diesel leak off pipe it is usually a really snug fit to use as vac hose.
Old 18 August 2012, 06:02 PM
blue_scooby187
Scooby Regular

hello mate i bought some new vac pipe at usc nice small stuff i also found out where all the vac pipes went another scooby lover parked up next to me so i could do pipe for pipe the previous owner had got 3 pipes wrong car does not run lumpy and is running sweet i just watched that vid you sent me but cant seem to find any down pipes like that