Notices

Imprez WRX p0546 EGT sensor bypass

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2012, 10:51 PM
dazzahu
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imprez WRX p0546 EGT sensor bypass

Hey guys, I have recently bought a 2003 WRX, the top cat underneath the turbo was blocked so i've brought a new pipe which has beem de-catted.

the only problem i have now is the engine management light comes on after 5 or so miles, with the code P0546

I have removed the EGT sensor but i understand i need to somehow fix a resistor onto the sensor somehow

i appreciate this is something that has been posted 100's of time before but could someone give me a step by step guide of how to correct this and the exact details of the resistor that is needed

your help will be very much appreciated! cheers
Old 19 June 2012, 11:23 PM
madmarx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dazzahu
Hey guys, I have recently bought a 2003 WRX, the top cat underneath the turbo was blocked so i've brought a new pipe which has beem de-catted.

the only problem i have now is the engine management light comes on after 5 or so miles, with the code P0546

I have removed the EGT sensor but i understand i need to somehow fix a resistor onto the sensor somehow

i appreciate this is something that has been posted 100's of time before but could someone give me a step by step guide of how to correct this and the exact details of the resistor that is needed

your help will be very much appreciated! cheers
You need a 2k2 resistor. You bend the resistor legs and slide it into the female multiplug. Remove the black plastic cover on the o/s suspension turret for access. To remove the code either use an OBD 2 scanner or try turning the ign on and off about 5 times.