Notices

Sti top mount new age fitting

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2012, 09:47 PM
5cooby1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sti top mount new age fitting

Does anyone have any links for where they got there hoses from to fit a classic.

Is fitting easy?
Old 18 June 2012, 10:36 PM
billy21
Scooby Regular

I had to get a mate of mine to do it as its not easy. Pain in the ***. Gotta grind a rear mount abit I was told and cut the brake reservoir down a lil and he sorted the pipe for me. All I did was cut me undertray so it was bigger and I could keep me water spray
Old 18 June 2012, 11:38 PM
Mrchips
Scooby Regular

Yeah it's easy really.

Just need an STi drivers side arm.

Buy a new 90 elbow.

Bash away at engine stabiliser mount, just the sides.

It's a fiddley job, but not that bad to be honest. If I can then most people can.

All I'd say is enjoy
Old 18 June 2012, 11:47 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I did mine last year. is a pain in the ar*e mate. Basically you have to :-

Cut down the power steering reservoir. Then trim off about 5 mm from the inlet manifold legs that hold coil pack.

Then bend the original bracket to fit around the intercooler. (use newage for gearbox side)

Then I had to get a hose 90 degree bend and cut down (as the new age red hose does not fit - is too short. Does not give you much margin to move intercooler around. Prodrive one that all the guides use is hard to get and even that just fits. Was only on buy eyed. all new age have cast parts and then small hose.

In the guide that am sure you will find just search on here. It tells you to buy some flexible pipe for the dumpvalve. Mate it is a pain I tried it - it pulls the intercooler to the side and is not as flexible as you think. In the end I bought an 2 elbow bends and with a bit of the original metal pipe attached the together to make an S type shape. Fits perfectly with a bit of messing around - looks factory.

Then you have to cut the newage intercooler undertray to fit the classic scoop. Then mark up a few time to get perfect fit. Best way is to remove the scoop as you will be able to see it when bonnet shut - then mark with pen.

The guide you find makes it seem so easy - it aint unless you done it before. I would have no problems doing it again but the first time you wish you never bothered!! Is worth it though and looks ace.

So before you even start get intercooler, gear box bracket and original and the dumpvalve. The undertray. 90 degree hose - same diameter as original just with longer ends. Two 24mm elbows and clips. Dremal to cut posts down and maybe hack saw for the power steering reservoir (cut from bottom)

Dont attempt it until you have all the bits. (not like I did! - no car for a week as sold original intercooler day after I bought newage as though it would go in easy!!)

Finally of you running under 300bhp then leave original on - good luck mate. Would have helped you but I live by Liverpool!
Old 19 June 2012, 06:40 AM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

i fitted newage wrx to my classic as sti one loads of greif to fit.huge improvement over standard one.
Old 19 June 2012, 08:07 AM
5cooby1
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ade_sti
I did mine last year. is a pain in the ar*e mate. Basically you have to :-

Cut down the power steering reservoir. Then trim off about 5 mm from the inlet manifold legs that hold coil pack.

Then bend the original bracket to fit around the intercooler. (use newage for gearbox side)

Then I had to get a hose 90 degree bend and cut down (as the new age red hose does not fit - is too short. Does not give you much margin to move intercooler around. Prodrive one that all the guides use is hard to get and even that just fits. Was only on buy eyed. all new age have cast parts and then small hose.

In the guide that am sure you will find just search on here. It tells you to buy some flexible pipe for the dumpvalve. Mate it is a pain I tried it - it pulls the intercooler to the side and is not as flexible as you think. In the end I bought an 2 elbow bends and with a bit of the original metal pipe attached the together to make an S type shape. Fits perfectly with a bit of messing around - looks factory.

Then you have to cut the newage intercooler undertray to fit the classic scoop. Then mark up a few time to get perfect fit. Best way is to remove the scoop as you will be able to see it when bonnet shut - then mark with pen.

The guide you find makes it seem so easy - it aint unless you done it before. I would have no problems doing it again but the first time you wish you never bothered!! Is worth it though and looks ace.

So before you even start get intercooler, gear box bracket and original and the dumpvalve. The undertray. 90 degree hose - same diameter as original just with longer ends. Two 24mm elbows and clips. Dremal to cut posts down and maybe hack saw for the power steering reservoir (cut from bottom)

Dont attempt it until you have all the bits. (not like I did! - no car for a week as sold original intercooler day after I bought newage as though it would go in easy!!)

Finally of you running under 300bhp then leave original on - good luck mate. Would have helped you but I live by Liverpool!

Thanks all for info.

I have the inter cooler and original dv and brackets where can I get the rest do I need a new age under body vent?

And any links to where you got your bits.

Does the strut brace still fit.

And what hoses should I buy as like you say best to have all bits ready.