Notices

HELP PLEASE poss head gasket,radiator or pipe

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2012, 08:20 PM
greenfumb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE poss head gasket,radiator or pipe

hi guys help needed please yesterday and tonight whilst on full boost i appear to be losing coolant yesterday looked like it was leaking from the radiator but earlier i couldnt see any coolant dripping down its fine normal driving but not on full boost can anyone advise me on how to tell what is leaking hope to god its not the h/g any ideas ????? thanks
Old 02 May 2012, 08:46 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry to tell you that more than likely to be HG failure. The heads tend to lift at high boost losing coolant through the expansion tube near the battery. Try a pressure cap on the header tank first & fix any leaks,but it doesn't sound good to me.
Old 02 May 2012, 09:24 PM
greenfumb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RICHARD J
I'm sorry to tell you that more than likely to be HG failure. The heads tend to lift at high boost losing coolant through the expansion tube near the battery. Try a pressure cap on the header tank first & fix any leaks,but it doesn't sound good to me.
i did just notice (quick drive) there were a few bubbles in the coolant tank infront of the battery is there a temp fix steel seal etc for a few weeks i could use? thanks
Old 03 May 2012, 07:27 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

No temp fix the engine needs striping by someone who knows what they are doing, assimg it is HG failure. Did you try a cap, they cost about a tenner. Don't use a block seal it will only screw up your Rad & matrix. Best to park it up until it's fixed but if you must use it don't run it hot & keep it off boost.
Old 03 May 2012, 07:53 PM
greenfumb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RICHARD J
No temp fix the engine needs striping by someone who knows what they are doing, assimg it is HG failure. Did you try a cap, they cost about a tenner. Don't use a block seal it will only screw up your Rad & matrix. Best to park it up until it's fixed but if you must use it don't run it hot & keep it off boost.

thanks i had a friend look today and when he revved it up it bubbles up a bit guess that is hg failure? take it the cap theory just went out the window? best be off to start pricing it up thanks mate
Old 03 May 2012, 08:22 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Sounds like HG. Make sure you have the bottom end stripped & checked too as often they knock out the big ends after a HG failure. Good luck with it I know how you feel, mines only just gone back together after HG failure.