Notices

Newbie seeks advice

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2012, 08:28 PM
Andy 'marty' Martin
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie seeks advice

Firstly let me say hi to one and all , and seeing this is my first post I reckon you've guessed I'm new to scoobys
To cut a long story short I've just offloaded my friend of his scooby. I didn't really want it as I'm more into offroading and land rovers. But hey it was cheap. So now I've had it a day or two I'm enjoying the comfy ride ( not yet used to being so low down that I think my *rse is gonna hit a speed bump)
.. Boy can I waffle on ,!
Right ok it's an x reg 2l sport special non turbo
And it's just not. Got the umph I want ... So ' two part question coming up ....
What do I fit? Induction kit, boost valve, re mapping? S/s exhaust minus a box or two? You tell me!
And if so. Where can I get them.?
Regards
Old 16 April 2012, 09:57 PM
zippy!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy 'marty' Martin
Firstly let me say hi to one and all , and seeing this is my first post I reckon you've guessed I'm new to scoobys
To cut a long story short I've just offloaded my friend of his scooby. I didn't really want it as I'm more into offroading and land rovers. But hey it was cheap. So now I've had it a day or two I'm enjoying the comfy ride ( not yet used to being so low down that I think my *rse is gonna hit a speed bump)
.. Boy can I waffle on ,!
Right ok it's an x reg 2l sport special non turbo
And it's just not. Got the umph I want ... So ' two part question coming up ....
What do I fit? Induction kit, boost valve, re mapping? S/s exhaust minus a box or two? You tell me!
And if so. Where can I get them.?
Regards
first off welcome to the site second flog it and buy a turbo sports are nice enough cars dont get me wrong and are pretty bullet proof engine wise and induction kits and de cats are ok but to be honest wont give you the ooomph your craving turbos on the other hand are a completely different animal

Last edited by zippy!; 16 April 2012 at 10:00 PM.