Notices

Updated today - 01 Bugeye won't start, help & advice

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2012, 04:03 PM
Pumba_GT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated today - 01 Bugeye won't start, help & advice

Hi, just came back from a holiday and found that the car won't turn on. Checked the battery and even jump start the car but no joy. When turn the key to "ignition on" position, there isn't any click/noise from the starter motor. I also checked the connection at the starter motor - big and small cables are all intacted nicely.
What could be the culprit? Alarm/fuse fault or ECUTek software? The ECUTek software was installed in year 2007. Your precious advise is very much appreciated as I need to use the car now...

Last edited by Pumba_GT; 11 April 2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Need advise as first priority
Old 07 April 2012, 04:59 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Id go with battery. I know touve treid to jump it. Working in the breakdown industry i must hear that 2 or 3 times aday. More often than not the leads being used arnt up to the job.
Id suggest charging the battery properly or connecting your jump leads and leave a good car running for 30 mins to charge the battery on the disabled car before trying to start it
Old 07 April 2012, 05:33 PM
chief-long-shin
Scooby Regular

coil pack possibly???
Old 07 April 2012, 07:37 PM
jimmy gee
Scooby Regular

Hi mate it sounds like your imb alarm has kicked in if you have your 4 pin code on your key pad ,you could try shorting out your starter moter to check if your starter moter
Old 07 April 2012, 11:28 PM
Pumba_GT
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the quick replies chaps. I always use the same jump lead to jump start my scooby in the winter months as I only warm it up once in every two weeks but not driving it. I will check the jump leads tomorrow morning. All the electrics works in the car including the alarm. The dash icons all lite up as usual before turning the ignition to on position. Don't know what to check for the coil pack thou but will ask my mechanic to check on next Tuesday if I still couldn't solve it tomorrow.
Old 11 April 2012, 12:36 PM
Pumba_GT
Scooby Regular

New updates chaps. My mechanic came to rescue my bugeye yesterday. He checked the battery, starter motor and wiring to the starter motor - all seemed to be fine. We then bump start to makesure it was not the alarm problem. The engine fired up after the bump start and had not been a problem to restart after that.

When I want to cold start it again this morning, the same problem reoccurred - it won't start and with no ticking noise.

Now, could it be the cold start solenoid or fuel pump? How do I know if it is the cold start solenoid or the fuel pump? I don't seem to hear any pump whining noise and can someone point out how to detect if the cold start solenoid is broken?

Help needed urgently as this is very annoying issues without a car during my days off work, Lol...