Notices

List of Mods before Re-Map?

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2012, 01:27 PM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default List of Mods before Re-Map?

I've started collecting up a box of mods and am currently saving for a Syvecs ECU and re-map.

I have 740cc injectors, FMIC, MD321T and headers/manifold ready to fit but it occured to me there may be a few other things that I might need, like an oil cooler, induction kit and hi-flow fuel pump but is there anything else from other peoples experiences?

The handling and stopping side of things are all sorted as is the engine work (CDB built 2.1 forged stroker) and I do know the gearbox / clutch will **** itself eventually That will soon be sorted

Current set up is VF35, panel filter, newage STI TMIC and Ecutek remap.

Just remembered I have in my mod box an adjustable fuel pressure regulator that I have to source fittings for (looking at parallel fuel rails at present) so will work out what fittings I will need then. Oh and I have a set of Defi's that I should have fitted but I'm lazy (and its been cold outside!).
Old 03 April 2012, 01:30 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

looks like you are on the right track tbh
Old 03 April 2012, 01:52 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

No need for an oil cooler. What about brakes and suspension?
Old 03 April 2012, 01:57 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjeramy
No need for an oil cooler. What about brakes and suspension?
Oil cooler will help if he planning track days.

Jura
Old 03 April 2012, 03:06 PM
tom-r33
Scooby Regular

how is boost going to be controlled?
Old 03 April 2012, 04:35 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tom-r33
how is boost going to be controlled?
If he will go with Syvecs,Syvecs will control boost,but i would add 3bar MAP sensor

Jura
Old 03 April 2012, 06:35 PM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
If he will go with Syvecs,Syvecs will control boost,but i would add 3bar MAP sensor

Jura
Nice one - will add one to my list to my list! Its things like this I hadn't thought of and I'd like to draw on other experiences

Oil cooler is for track days - the Scoob is now a second car and I'd like to have a play at weekends. Its nice to know if I break it I can use my sensible car to get to work to earn the pennies to fix it!

Coilovers, ARB, droplinks and anti-lift kit all fitted previously.

Brakes are gold Brembos with Godspeed 2 piece discs and DS2500 pads, though I will be giving PF pads a go next as I heard nothing but good things about them and should be more track orientated. Rears are Brembos with standard discs and pads. Discs and pads will be up-graded when they wear out.
Old 03 April 2012, 11:31 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by N_Scooby
Nice one - will add one to my list to my list! Its things like this I hadn't thought of and I'd like to draw on other experiences

Oil cooler is for track days - the Scoob is now a second car and I'd like to have a play at weekends. Its nice to know if I break it I can use my sensible car to get to work to earn the pennies to fix it!

Coilovers, ARB, droplinks and anti-lift kit all fitted previously.

Brakes are gold Brembos with Godspeed 2 piece discs and DS2500 pads, though I will be giving PF pads a go next as I heard nothing but good things about them and should be more track orientated. Rears are Brembos with standard discs and pads. Discs and pads will be up-graded when they wear out.

With Syvecs and MD321T you should be looking at 450bhp on V-power and 480-490bhp on V-power plus 20% methanol.

We are running the MD321T billet with Syvecs and is amazing on 2.1 and Syvecs is best ECU,which i would suggest add to your list is wideband Lambda sensor for Syvecs and ask your mapper if he can enable full advanced knock control,can save your engine(basic knock control is as standard on Syvecs)

Plus about the pads,PF pads with the disc will be mine choice for Brembo setup,but OK(i would say in some cases on par with PF) for track are too Pagid RS or CarbonTech X10

Jura
Old 04 April 2012, 12:45 PM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
With Syvecs and MD321T you should be looking at 450bhp on V-power and 480-490bhp on V-power plus 20% methanol.

We are running the MD321T billet with Syvecs and is amazing on 2.1 and Syvecs is best ECU,which i would suggest add to your list is wideband Lambda sensor for Syvecs and ask your mapper if he can enable full advanced knock control,can save your engine(basic knock control is as standard on Syvecs)

Plus about the pads,PF pads with the disc will be mine choice for Brembo setup,but OK(i would say in some cases on par with PF) for track are too Pagid RS or CarbonTech X10

Jura
I have spoken to Duncan about the Syvecs and re-map, so closer to the time I will go though the options and ins and outs of the new ECU.

If the Full knock control is enabled would this do away with me needing a stand-alone knock link? I had one of these penciled in on a secondary list of things to buy for peace of mind after the power mods had been bought and paid for.
Old 04 April 2012, 06:20 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

I have spoken to Duncan about the Syvecs and re-map, so closer to the time I will go though the options and ins and outs of the new ECU.

If the Full knock control is enabled would this do away with me needing a stand-alone knock link? I had one of these penciled in on a secondary list of things to buy for peace of mind after the power mods had been bought and paid for.
No there you don't need standalone knock link,you can,depends on your feel

Syvecs have all ready have knock control and these threads hopefully will answer your questions

About the wideband

http://www.syvecs.com/forum/viewtopi...9&p=1100#p1100

Benefits of the Syvecs

http://www.syvecs.com/forum/viewtopi...=4&t=208&p=950

Jura
Old 04 April 2012, 11:36 PM
stevemoir
Scooby Regular

Looks like your gonna have a beast there mate

6 speed is a must at that power or you won't be running 450 cause the box will just **** itself

Jura Duncan mapped my Syvecs how do I know if full knock control has been enabled ?

Steve
Old 04 April 2012, 11:54 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevemoir

6 speed is a must at that power or you won't be running 450 cause the box will just **** itself

Jura Duncan mapped my Syvecs how do I know if full knock control has been enabled ?

Steve
Hi Steve

Duncan mapped our Syvecs too and we don't have Advanced knock control enabled(turned on),but this is on S6pnp for extra(think £125 excluding vat or with vat,not sure),but every Syvecs have all ready basic knock control which is OK,really i would advise speak with Duncan about this and ask him about the upgrade on yours or if its enabled all ready

But you can ask too on Syvecs forum about this too

We are all ready thinking about the upgrading to the Advanced knock control,you are running too wideband Steve?

Jura
Old 05 April 2012, 09:10 AM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Steve
I'm possibly looking at the Scooby Clinic gearset. The DCCD box I have at the moment will be fine for everyday driving but drag strip / trackdays will destroy it. I have yet to pester Scooby Clinic about what gear ratios are available as I would like to stick to as close to the RA gearing as possible.
If the gearbox goes bang then it will force me to do something about it!! (plus I can explain to the Mrs that the gearbox broke so I need a £3000 new one ).
Old 05 April 2012, 01:04 PM
stevemoir
Scooby Regular

That's a lot of money mate and tbh I'd spend 5/6 of that and get a full hawkeye 6 speed with dccd which is more than capable of running > 700

Not that the headset can't mate

Jura spoke to duncs there's no point in upgrading to full Duncan is still using basic on his monster

Steve
Old 05 April 2012, 03:23 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

I'm possibly looking at the Scooby Clinic gearset. The DCCD box I have at the moment will be fine for everyday driving but drag strip / trackdays will destroy it. I have yet to pester Scooby Clinic about what gear ratios are available as I would like to stick to as close to the RA gearing as possible.
If the gearbox goes bang then it will force me to do something about it!! (plus I can explain to the Mrs that the gearbox broke so I need a £3000 new one ).

I can say for myself and my brother we are love the PPG,on track/drag is awesome.

I would keep eye in the For sale section,where people sometimes selling the PPG boxes for good prices

Not sure but APi selling DCCD PPG dog box and for £1500 worth punt,for everyday driving dog box is not the best,but still worth in my view worth punt

Jura

Jura
That's a lot of money mate and tbh I'd spend 5/6 of that and get a full hawkeye 6 speed with dccd which is more than capable of running > 700

Not that the headset can't mate

Jura spoke to duncs there's no point in upgrading to full Duncan is still using basic on his monster

Steve

Steve yes if he wants to go towards 600bhp+ i would go like you are said with Hawkeye 6speed,but for 500bhp+ PPG should be OK and really depends on how he drive and we are at 490bhp with some addons we are hopping break 530-550bhp on T

If its worth Advanced Knock control still we are not sure at moment,if we would go,we are still not decided

Jura
Old 05 April 2012, 03:43 PM
stevemoir
Scooby Regular

Well that's good for a ppg isn't it worth future proofing you know like Many that you always want more power lol

Nos will get you there I'm going for x2 11lb bottles of wizards of nos to break the 600 mark on a standard position billet gt30

Duncan is still using his basic knock control on his so of that's good for him it's good for me

Just spend your monies else where Jura sure there are some more items on your list

Steve