Notices

rear defuser

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2012, 11:13 AM
mazmike
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear defuser

i am looking to fit a rear defuser to my gc8 ,the same as marks @ lateral .has any one done this ,if so have you got pics .i have looked in the projects but not found any cheers mike
Old 05 April 2012, 12:28 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mazmike
i am looking to fit a rear defuser to my gc8 ,the same as marks @ lateral .has any one done this ,if so have you got pics .i have looked in the projects but not found any cheers mike
Hi Mike you will need to go route of custom diffuser and for best advice i would contact Paul@Zen performance or Duncan@Race Dynamix which can help you source something for what you are looking

Jura
Old 05 April 2012, 08:06 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The lateral banana doesnt have a diffuser - just a huge gap / upwards underfloor step that creates a huge swirly undercurrent and a lot of drag IMHO.

Lots of diffusers exist off the shelf but most are purely for decoration purposes rather than function. What useage is the car getting?
Old 05 April 2012, 09:16 AM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

This is something ive been looking into for my track car too .... but as dynamix has said, pretty much all of the off the shelf items are just a glorified bumper trim with no real function ..... think ill probably be getting some ply and glass fibre out if nowt cuts the mustard!

What Jura did to the back of his wagon is pretty good though, was that custom made or off the shelf for something else?
Old 05 April 2012, 09:19 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jura's was off the shelf, he has posted a link to it but it is a Varis style diffuser
Old 05 April 2012, 10:38 AM
mazmike
BANNED

Originally Posted by dynamix
The lateral banana doesnt have a diffuser - just a huge gap / upwards underfloor step that creates a huge swirly undercurrent and a lot of drag IMHO.

Lots of diffusers exist off the shelf but most are purely for decoration purposes rather than function. What useage is the car getting?
car will be use for trackdays and some road it is at enginetuner being ran in hoping for 600bhp
Old 05 April 2012, 03:14 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dynamix

Hi Duncan

Maybe you are still remember when are you ask about the your MK1 diffuser(this has been not made from carbon,but still looks awesome)

Jura

Originally Posted by legacy_gtb
This is something ive been looking into for my track car too .... but as dynamix has said, pretty much all of the off the shelf items are just a glorified bumper trim with no real function ..... think ill probably be getting some ply and glass fibre out if nowt cuts the mustard!

What Jura did to the back of his wagon is pretty good though, was that custom made or off the shelf for something else?
Hi there

We are went with Aerokit.eu diffuser which has been modified for our wagon,this company will/can modify for you any diffuser.

If its worth,maybe yes,but without the proper aero testing in Aero tunnel(MIRA for example) i can't say if have some benefits.

We are went with this because we are like how it looks and if will have any benefits,its just bonus

Here is link

http://www.aerokit.eu/eng/product.ph...category_id=81

Jura

Originally Posted by JonMc
Jura's was off the shelf, he has posted a link to it but it is a Varis style diffuser

But you are posted good link too,which can be cheaper too and would say,is possible to modify(if we are run RX7 diffuser on our wagon) and with your hands Jon is possible anything

Jura
Old 05 April 2012, 04:06 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jura11
But you are posted good link too,which can be cheaper too and would say,is possible to modify(if we are run RX7 diffuser on our wagon) and with your hands Jon is possible anything

Jura
This one mate...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fibreglass...#ht_589wt_1110