Notices

wiring / plumbing dials on uk turbo 2000

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2012, 10:29 AM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring / plumbing dials on uk turbo 2000

hi all, just after a little info before i set to work on my next task on the car. as in title, its a my00 uk turbo 2000.

got myself a pod and 3 gauges to fit, boost, oil press, oil temp.

ok for wiring up can anyone tell me what wire to look for to get them to light up when the light stalk is on. and what/where is the wire to the ignition live? just so i dont have to go testing loads of wires with a multimeter

and oil temp do u guys just drill into sump? anywhere specific?

oil press, do i need to buy some sort of adsaptor? thanks guys
Old 02 April 2012, 10:39 AM
L3YMS
Scooby Regular

Hi I have recently fitted a mechanical lamco boost gauge to the steering housing that required a pressure hose that I took from the spare manifold connector and illumination for the backlight.

The official subaru instructions that I got said for illumination with headlights the factory plug is taped up on the stereo loom. From memory it is white plastic with 2 spade terminals (male) moulded into one plug. I didn't have a plug that fitted but I found that 2 individual (blue) female spade terminals fitted in perfectly. I tested it first with a multimeter to see which was live and it worked perfectly. I can't say for sure if ti will have enough juice to light up 3 gauges as I only fitted one but I bet it will.
Old 02 April 2012, 12:55 PM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

hmm sounds good mate if i can find that then itl save alot of time thanks for that mate!
Old 02 April 2012, 01:25 PM
L3YMS
Scooby Regular

no problem, i was glad i found it too made the wiring much neater. as for the other bits... I guess there are ignition lives all over the place. An obvious one is on the stereo loom. Sometimes stereo's have the wiring diagram printed on their top so it may make it easier to find.

As for oil senders I dont have any and have never fitted any but have read about them on here.

From memory, for oil temp. I think you can get a sump plug sender that replaces the bolt?
or
You can get an adapter hose that comes off the block (I believe there is an unused blanking bolt) so you can fit either/both pressure & temperature senders (depending on whether you get a hose with 1 or 2 holes).
or
The other option is a sandwich plate that goes on where the oil filter is located. This is like a spacer plate that allows you to fit both senders too & still screw the filter on the bottom.

Do some reading on here or google or just look on e-bay at whats for sale and read the descriptions and it will probably tell you all you need to know.