Notices

Advice !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2012, 10:02 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice !!!

Im currently selling my scoobs ive had for over 3.5 years,a guy from malta called this morning about it and says he should be over in uk friday and can he look at my car,no probs i said but am just a bit wary and not sure what to think about it,is there any point coming from malta for a 5 k car to try anything funny ? Its probably just me being paranoid but if any one knows of any funny buisiness going on with calls from malta then let me know please.
Old 01 April 2012, 10:04 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Just don't let him pay with Western Union joking aside it could be legit, just get cash & put it straight in the bank. Don't let him pay with a cheque etc even a bankers draft as foreign ones can be dodgy.

TX.
Old 01 April 2012, 10:15 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

Yes mate exactly what i thought,if he aint got the reddies then he wont get the car,he can leave a deposit and come back if and when he has the money,you just get thinking all sorts dont you when its someone from malta or so he said !
Old 01 April 2012, 10:20 PM
Shaks-STI
Scooby Regular

Cash only, check every single note ( i know it can be a pain), i have sold an EVO 3 to a guy that came from Poland for 3k and didnt even drive the car i drove the car while he was a passenger and showed me the cash, checked all the notes and he was on his way with the car.

Try dealing with them while the Bank is open so you can get the Bank to check it all for you and just pay in.
Old 01 April 2012, 11:05 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

I had a guy from Switzerland wanting an old land rover I had, wasn't particularly worth much or in any way a rare model and thought it was a wind up or going to be offered some weird and wonderful deal but the bloke turned up, paid for the old shed in cash and drove it off home, obviously as said above really, just make sure it's a cash deal and your happy it's real money, there are alot of scammers about and it's right that you are concerned but there's also every chance it's a genuine buyer so good luck!

Last edited by WildPikey; 01 April 2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01 April 2012, 11:25 PM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree with above. Use wisdom and gut instinct. I read somewhere about one guy who lost a substantial amount of money on his Hawkeye through a guy posing from Scandanavia and the owner accepted a bankers draft and eventually got stung big time to keep the story short
Old 02 April 2012, 01:48 AM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the advice folks,a guy i know sold an oldish 944 last year and the bloke came from germany to buy it,paid the money and off he drove it,i wouldnt mind driving my scoobs to malta thinking about it,lol.