Newbie, anyone know this car?

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2012, 01:05 AM
timgsxr
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie, anyone know this car?

Hi all,

Picked up a 1994 classic import for not a lot of money.

http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88065

Busy splitting my old mx5 to buy some bits for the impreza. Its insured but idea is to use it for trackdays however after reading all the horror stories on here seems like they like to blow up, bottoms ends, gearboxs, all kind of scary, what happened to jap reliability.

Anyway the car needs a few bits sorted (droplinks, quieter exhaust, gearbox oil, brakes) but seems ok. I know the guys I bought it off but it was stupid cheap so half expecting it to explode . I have no service history but had a clutch, oil and gaskets just before christmas. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

Was thinking about getting some gauges first so I can see whats going on with oil pressure etc. any suggestions?

Cheers

Tim

Last edited by timgsxr; 06 March 2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07 March 2012, 01:06 PM
savage bulldogs
Scooby Regular

I think the car was up for sale on here a while back have a trawl through the subarus for sale section see if you can spot it fella .as for gauges most people go for defi but they're top money ,prosport medium money . but im not a fan of to many shiney things distracting me and iv not got a lot of money to play with.So went for a depo 4in 1 gauge (boost /oil temp/oil pressure and volts) which came with a fitting kit and pod for about £100 delivered the only other thing i had to buy was the no 3cylinder bung adpator (for correct oil temp) which was about £10 . seems to work fine and gives a accurate boost reading
Old 07 March 2012, 02:54 PM
timgsxr
Scooby Newbie

Yeah the car was for sale on here. I'm the same don't want a monster set of gauges, looks like a good option will look into that thanks.