boost creep?,fixing fuel cut under full throttle

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2012, 12:33 AM
antsaoo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost creep?,fixing fuel cut under full throttle

Good day.

So i have had little problem of fuel cut when going full throttle -95 sti v2. I have read lots of threads about this but would like hear some opinions and get this fixed

Mods

apexi intake
apexi afc
exhaust, has cat since it passed emmission.

I have started fixing this but have not got it sorted yet.
I have bought new intake hose, new maf and cleaned boost solenoid.
I guess it is most likely overboost since in my opinion the boost gauge spikes at 1.1bar and then falls down to 0.9bar, most i have gotten was about 1.3bar on 5th gear full throttle when it was about -25 celcius i think(i guess i also put in the waterspray).

Why i think its from overboosting most likely?

I had the problem pretty bad when i had those things removed what are under small grilles on the hood. I put them back and the fuel cut doesn't feel that severe after that. Also after cleaning maf i tested the car when it had warmed up to the point of temp meter raising a bit and blowing in warm air, was maybe -15 that day, i let it warm hood open and went to test drive and it didn't give fuel cuts on full throttle at first but started again after a while which i guess when the engine room got warmer(maybe some hoses or rubber things having leak?).

My next plan is to try new map + boost solenoid. + I also have manual boost controller , should i try limit the boost with that and see if it helps ? I have read that there are some cons running MBC too.

Would there be any chance that theres something blocking the restrictor in boost solenoid which could cause overboost and i should try cleaning it better?

Thnx