Notices

Duel map

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2012, 06:32 PM
Wolf_gsxr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duel map

Anybody know if I can get a duel map on a classic uk impreza? Not 2 boost levels, 2 maps, one for a v- power and meths power map and one to run the LPG kit for economy. Cheers
Old 22 February 2012, 07:07 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Change the ECU and you can yes. Get a Syvecs and you can have 8 different maps.
Old 22 February 2012, 07:17 PM
Wolf_gsxr
Scooby Regular

Cant you do it with an ecutek or an apexi?
Old 22 February 2012, 07:17 PM
ch3w3y
Scooby Regular

I have a simtek ecu in my car with 2 different fuel maps. I wanted to get it remaped the same as u describe but i was advised not to, because when in the higher octane fuel map eg the v-power map u wont be able to know for sure when your lower octane fuel is gone and therefore run the risk of melting a piston or causing other engine damage associated with pinking...

If that makes any sence??
Old 22 February 2012, 07:22 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, not available on the classics due to a couple of issues, one being not enough on board memory.

Tony
Old 22 February 2012, 08:01 PM
Wolf_gsxr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ch3w3y
I have a simtek ecu in my car with 2 different fuel maps. I wanted to get it remaped the same as u describe but i was advised not to, because when in the higher octane fuel map eg the v-power map u wont be able to know for sure when your lower octane fuel is gone and therefore run the risk of melting a piston or causing other engine damage associated with pinking...

Even if the first map was set up just for lpg and the second just for power and was never used with the other fuel? Will the apexi fc do it as I don't wanna be spending thousands on a syvecs.
Old 22 February 2012, 08:21 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LPG using own ECU and for this true two fuel maps you will need at least SimTek and Syvecs,Hydra etc.

Jura
Old 22 February 2012, 08:33 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ch3w3y

Who told you that out of interest as this is one of the main reasons people invest in an aftermarket ECU for the different maps and fueling you can run, You have to change between the maps manually.

But in reply to the OP`s question

Classisc ECU`s= No
Newage JDM ECU`s=Yes
Old 22 February 2012, 09:02 PM
ch3w3y
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GAZ2293
Who told you that out of interest as this is one of the main reasons people invest in an aftermarket ECU for the different maps and fueling you can run, You have to change between the maps manually.

But in reply to the OP`s question

Classisc ECU`s= No
Newage JDM ECU`s=Yes
Dave from Sti Tuning in Rep of Ireland good guy and he knows his stuff, he gets Bob Rawle over to do all his customers mapping....

His main issue was running different octane level petrol he said if you were driving around on 97map with a tank full of 97 fine. But if your driving around on 95 until your tank is nearly empty then you want to use 97 so you fill up wit 97 and u change to 97 map u run the risk until the 95 is gone out oof the fuel lines and such... and also u wont have a tank of proper 97 octane if you have some 95 mixed with it. This is how he explained it to me and it kind of made sence.

Obviously LPG and v-power seperate maps would be completly fine on a SimTek like the one I use, to answer the original question..

Last edited by ch3w3y; 22 February 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 22 February 2012, 09:33 PM
Wolf_gsxr
Scooby Regular

Thinking about it my dads rangerover runs on gas and the gas system runs its own ecu anyway and when he flicks between petrol and gas surely it would read from whatever ecu it needed. So if I remapped my car to run meth once I flicked to LPG it shouldn't reed the ecu the meth map is on anyway it will read its own separate ecu if that makes sence. Thanks for all the replies btw.