Notices

fitting a few small bits? spark plugs, aux belt, boost gauge, RCM induction?

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2012, 11:45 AM
99jdee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting a few small bits? spark plugs, aux belt, boost gauge, RCM induction?

hello,

i get my baby back in a few days and i have some few little bits to fit on her..

been buying numerous little bits and collecting them in a box on top of my fridge lol

i have some iridium plugs brand new for myuk pr7b or something like that, heat grade 7? am i right to guess the gapping will be ok and already set, s is it just a case of unscrewing my old ones, screw the new ones in and pop the plugs back on and were done? dumb question but i wont need a remap for new plugs will i haha?????

also i have an aux belt anyone could give me any tips, just general do's and donts, maybe a smal quick guide?

and an rcm trumpet induction kit with a big k&n filter on the end? any specific install way for it, blah blah...

just got some bits but dont want to **** up putting them in especially the spark plugs! lol knowing me ill put them in get 30 ft down the road and the car will stop! lol

many thanks, Jamie

edit: also i have a cheapy swoosh gauge boost gauge i bought on ebay but on the back for the vaccumm pipe its tiny like 1.5mm where the **** would that connect to??? all the other expensive ones seem to be really thick pipes coming out the back of the boost gauage this looks like a tiny sh1tty 1pence piece of plastic pipe!?!

Last edited by 99jdee; 12 February 2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12 February 2012, 12:16 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

you plugs will be better gapped to 0.6mm they come at 0.7mm iirc, you boost gauge needs to be plumbed into one of the vap pipes on the inlet manifold, the rcm kit will not get on with your maff so keep an eye out for iratic idling ect,. good luck
Old 12 February 2012, 02:28 PM
99jdee
Scooby Regular

thanks man, i will keep the plugs 0.7mm gap as im getting it remmaped for the 300+hp in a while and i think it will need the .7 plugs, with the different turbo, Fuel pump and injectors...

what will be the downside of running 0.7? sorry should have mentioned im planning new turbo, injectors, ecu, remap etc... lol :P

many thanks, J.
Old 12 February 2012, 02:34 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 99jdee
thanks man, i will keep the plugs 0.7mm gap as im getting it remmaped for the 300+hp in a while and i think it will need the .7 plugs, with the different turbo, Fuel pump and injectors...

what will be the downside of running 0.7? sorry should have mentioned im planning new turbo, injectors, ecu, remap etc... lol :P

many thanks, J.
you need them gapping to 0.6mm as it will give a stronger spark,,
Old 12 February 2012, 02:40 PM
99jdee
Scooby Regular

i heard and was told you need 0.7mm for around 300-320hp? is this wrong? or can you have both, next question is how do i go about gapping them, although im sure i can find the answer somewhere on the forum..

thanks..
Old 12 February 2012, 02:44 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

get a set of fila guages and tap the end of the plug untill its 0.6mm,,, the smaller the gap the stronger the spark which will give you less chance of blowing the spark,. i feel the majority on here will all agre 0.6mm is the way to go,.