Notices

central locking

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2012, 10:29 PM
scootmuldoon
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default central locking

Hi all, I recently had problems with a flat battery on my 2003 blobeye sti so got a new one which also started playing up. Turned out it I had a faulty alternator which has now been changed. The problem I have now is that my central locking is playing up! Sometimes when I lock it with the key remote the doors lock and the alarm/immobiliser activate as normal. On the odd occasion though the doors will reopen themselves straight away with the alarm/immob still active. Other times though I can lock the car and everything is fine but when I come back to it its sitting unlocked. Sometimes after locking it you can hear a clicking sound as if the central locking is being pressed but the door locks don't move.

I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 mins then reconnecting it but still not fixed the problem. Is it possible to do some kind of system reset for the central locking?

Could it be a faulty c/l module and if so where exactly is the module?

I'm going to strip the 2 front door cards off and have a look but just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem?