Notices

subaru wrx 97 plate wagon help!

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2012, 01:59 PM
stu76
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default subaru wrx 97 plate wagon help!

i want to check the engine fault code status, but after finding the coloured paired wires to connect up, done this and all i get is the boost control solanoid valve clicking as it should and the fuel pump on/off as it should, the engine check light stays on all the time this is going on, is this right? as i thought it had to pulse on/off when in diagnostics mode? turn ignition off and all stops, disconnect wires and start car with no engine light which is good, first of all is all i done as above correct and do i presume i have no engine management issues?

i have posted a few posts to hestitation now and then, been advised could be maf sensor, checked pins inside maf and soldered them on!, not this, replaced leads and plugs so far, last resort is another maf or even a coil....but now i have come across the issue may be with the boost control valve! is this a common issue as this seems same issue with hesitation, jerkey now and then at certain speeds, i have cleaned this unit out with carb cleaner, do they go wrong please frequently?

any help on any the above will be good asap and appreciated.
sorry for the long essay!
Old 07 January 2012, 04:32 PM
stu76
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reply

good news is the sectret is to once the 4 wires are all connected drive the car round the block, then the engine light will illuminate a pulse action, mine was fine with no errors and now has reset ecu anyway, thats a relief!

still need to know if the boost control valve is at fault or my coil or maf sensor is still faulty? who knows suspecting the coil as its a intermittent issue with the hesitation/jerkey/as tho run out of fuel but not as bad feeling, like your brakes are binding on now and then! hard to explain really!

any way looks like i have illiminated any fault code in the ecu as the engine light flashed every second which means its a clear sign! good.
now coil/maf/boost control valve???????????