Notices

Help please. wiring and other issues

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2011, 10:01 AM
docky
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please. wiring and other issues

Hi guys. My ongiong saga continues. I have been deprived of certain pieces of my car when it was being resprayed. I lost bits of loom, cluster, and a few other engine bits and pieces.

So I have accumulated replacements as getting my bits back is not going to happen. I dont even know who got off withe parts.

Its like this. I have a conversion. It runs a version 6 sti RA harness, dccd computer and ecu. It has a standard wrx box (for the moment). Hoping to get STI DCCD one at some point.

The replacement cluster I got is not a DCCD one, but a white faced on from an N/A Impreza. The white plug fits but the black connector does not, as the DCCD loom connector (B36, B37) is larger to accomodate the DCCD pins. I have the correct connector here. So what I want to do is chop off the DCCD one, and solder in the one that will fit.

How can I establish what the wires in the harness side are? I have the wiring Diagram, and can see the connectors, B36, B37. All I need to do is pick up the fuel, lights, indicators, speed sensor etc etc. Can someone offer some advice or help on how best I can do this?

I am having trouble getting my head around all this, I had the f*** thing running and going great until I got shafted. I would love to just head out and buy a new DCCD one but they are $$$. Even on ebay and I was supposed to stop spending on this car ages ago.

Much appreciated any help at all.

Thanks.

Last edited by docky; 29 December 2011 at 07:31 PM.