Notices

What to do next???

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2011, 07:53 PM
JimmySTI86
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do next???

Hi all, I am after some advice on achieving some more power but don't can't make my mind up. It's a 04 Sti (PPP) and so far I have changed the exhaust, air filter and a remap by Duncan@Racedynamix. It's currently running at about 350bhp, what would people recommend to do next?
Old 14 October 2011, 11:26 PM
Ami
Scooby Regular

Spend money on petrol and tyres, and enjoy the car on some trackdays or so.
I believe also there are some rally driving schools or so in UK? Might be worth to get couple
lessons from professionals.
Money better spent than on looking for another 20HP in most of cases - even if it's not the answer you expeted
Old 14 October 2011, 11:39 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Sort out the suspension and brakes. Getting the handling right is better than more power with poor handling. Replace all the suspension bushes with powerflex or equivalent as this will tighten up the handling and then get a full geometry setup. Fit goodridge or similar brake lines to inprove pedal feel, also fit a master cylinder bracket this will remove the flexing of the bulkhead so again improving pedal feel. Fast road pads will ensure you can stop when pushing hard.
I did all my suspension which was fitting power flex bushes, whiteline ARB's, Anti dive kit and other items before working on the power output. I recently upgraded the brakes to K-sport kit on the front and rear. My scooby now pulls well (with over 400 bhp), handles brilliantly and stops very nicely.
Old 15 October 2011, 07:30 AM
JimmySTI86
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by 360ste
Sort out the suspension and brakes. Getting the handling right is better than more power with poor handling. Replace all the suspension bushes with powerflex or equivalent as this will tighten up the handling and then get a full geometry setup. Fit goodridge or similar brake lines to inprove pedal feel, also fit a master cylinder bracket this will remove the flexing of the bulkhead so again improving pedal feel. Fast road pads will ensure you can stop when pushing hard.
I did all my suspension which was fitting power flex bushes, whiteline ARB's, Anti dive kit and other items before working on the power output. I recently upgraded the brakes to K-sport kit on the front and rear. My scooby now pulls well (with over 400 bhp), handles brilliantly and stops very nicely.
I'm in the process of sorting the suspension out, just fitted coilovers and the next step is replacing the bushes. What would you recommend to reach 400bhp?