Notices

Water ingress driverside footwell.

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2011, 10:19 AM
Firez34
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water ingress driverside footwell.

Hi everyone now the weather's turning wet I have noticed that in my classic wagon the front driverside mat has a damp patch right infront of the brake pedal and the carpet underneath also has a wet patch both of which are getting larger everytime it rains. I've noticed that it's dripping off from the bottom of the dash just left on the socket interface below the steering.
Has anyone else had this and fixed it or can maybe shed some light on what the problem maybe before the weathre gets really bad and I end up with an expensive paddling pool. Cheers Steve.
Old 20 September 2011, 10:46 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

First off, check under the bonnet: look for leaf debris and general muck in any drainage holes.

Once you are sure that all the drainage holes are clear, have a close look at the grommet that the brake/clutch bits pass through. Look for obvious damage, etc. If it's there, either have a new grommet fitted, (expensive), or erpair it with suitable sealant, flexible, of course

Also check door seals for tightness and no wear/damage.

If it's STILL leaking, suspect the windscreen seals. Has it EVER had a new screen?

Even if it hasn't, and the leak persists, it's woth asking a windscreen place to take a look. They will remove the trim and can then see the glue through teh glass. Any thin spots, pinholes etc, it needs redone.If it's had a new screen, take it back to wherever and explain.

If it hasn't, yhpm.
Old 20 September 2011, 11:30 AM
Firez34
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
First off, check under the bonnet: look for leaf debris and general muck in any drainage holes.

Once you are sure that all the drainage holes are clear, have a close look at the grommet that the brake/clutch bits pass through. Look for obvious damage, etc. If it's there, either have a new grommet fitted, (expensive), or erpair it with suitable sealant, flexible, of course

Also check door seals for tightness and no wear/damage.

If it's STILL leaking, suspect the windscreen seals. Has it EVER had a new screen?

Even if it hasn't, and the leak persists, it's woth asking a windscreen place to take a look. They will remove the trim and can then see the glue through teh glass. Any thin spots, pinholes etc, it needs redone.If it's had a new screen, take it back to wherever and explain.

If it hasn't, yhpm.
Cheers for that fella will have a look as soon as I get a dry day, I don't know if the cars had a new screen in the past. I'll get a good look at the other places you've advised to check. Thanks Steve.
Old 20 September 2011, 01:09 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

My money would be on screen seal, or blocked drainage areas.

Mine went after a new screen, about 6 weeks after, they replaced it FOC.