Notices

Fob wont work ?

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2011, 10:00 PM
jdsf5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fob wont work ?

Hi all just went out in my car and went to just lock it but fob won't work so of course I can't even start the car just had a look and I don't even have the pin number the fob is flashing 3 times never noticed this before ? Batteries were replaced not long ago too so very confused and the led is not dim ?
Any ideas or does it look like Ian walking in the morning lol
Thanks
Old 30 August 2011, 10:08 PM
beanys
Scooby Regular

I had exactly the same thing happen to me last week
I tried disconnecting the battery ect but no good , so i got in car and put key in and turn ignition on ,while pressing fob, this made the fob work , so i could start car and drive, after that its been ok it may not work for you but its worth a try i have a flasing light on my dash (red) and when i pressed the fob the light got brighter even thou fob dint seem to work , this showed me battery in fob was ok
Good luck mate
Old 30 August 2011, 10:12 PM
jdsf5
Scooby Regular

Tried it already buddy thanks though did your fob flash a few times sure they only flash once normaly when you use the fob ?
Old 30 August 2011, 10:19 PM
beanys
Scooby Regular

every time i pressed it , even thou it never activated the alarm
sorry carnt help you any more hope you get it sorted, , i think some one posted somthing about putting a new code in alarm if you lost your alarm code (if you have a keypad)
Old 30 August 2011, 10:21 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

How much will Subaru charge to replace?
Old 30 August 2011, 10:23 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Is it the standard alarm? IIRC on my classic I put the key in the ignition, turn it one click and wait for it to flash once. Then hold down the fob button until it flashes three times and it should be programmed

Above is probably WRONG but it was something crazy simple like the above to reprogramme..
Old 30 August 2011, 10:30 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Is it the standard alarm? IIRC on my classic I put the key in the ignition, turn it one click and wait for it to flash once. Then hold down the fob button until it flashes three times and it should be programmed

Above is probably WRONG but it was something crazy simple like the above to reprogramme..
Yeah thats definitley wrong, sounds more like a guide to program a mondeo. thats what you do on them.

Subaru fob guide here

Thats only usefull if you get the fob working. Its possible you may have radio lockout from a police station or mobile phone tower. Try pushing the car a few yards and trying again with the fob.

Trending Topics

Old 30 August 2011, 11:26 PM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

One of my fobs started playing up last year and after a few weeks of intermittently working, it stopped and then started flashing 3 times like you describe...
......luckily, I have a second working fob so just got on with that....
....I knew about re-programming the fobs but it deletes all fobs then re-assigns them and, because I had lost my pin code, I didn't want to risk deleting the working fob just incase it didn't work and didn't re-assign....
...I have just been able to re-programme a new pin code with the working fob...using the info I found(and have posted in the 'General' section.

Problem for you is that if you have NO working fob and No pin code then you are kinda up a creek without a paddle...

One of the threads I read(whilst searching to change my pin code) said something about finding the main brain of the system...unscrewing it and getting the unique number off it.....Subaru 'apparently' can use that, along with your vin number and reg to apply for the system factory override code...(I guess that its some factory engineer code?)

Anyways...unless you can find your other fob or work out the pin...that may be your only option...

Well...there is one other way
If you enter the car using the key...the alarm will go off....you can punch in the 4 digit code 3 times incorrectly and then the system will re-arm and not allow code input for 30minutes....
You following me so far.....?
So there are a possible 9999 codes divided by 3 for each attempt which means it could take 3333 attempts to find the code but it shouldn't take that many....with abit of luck, it might be something like 1476....lol
So, 30 mins each attempt...it is possible but may take a while....
Sending off for the factory code will take longer though(I would imagine)

So, I think that they are your options....let us know if you sort it...
...GOOD LUCK

Last edited by SmileyScooby; 30 August 2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 30 August 2011, 11:44 PM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

Just realised that it would take 1666.5 hrs( assuming the pin was 9999 and you started at 0001) but I really think that you will be luckier than that...

Also...the original pincode is given to the original customer on 2 separate self-adhesive tabs....so...take a look in your original manuals and service books...any and all of the booklets and pieces of paper that you got when you bought the car...it might just be stuck there if you are lucky...
when I bought my bugeye in 2008...there was a little card in the wallet with the pin on it but I think that I hid it in a 'REALLY SAFE' place which was SO safe that I can't even find it..lol
...but seriously....take a look in your wallet..etc
Old 31 August 2011, 07:12 PM
jdsf5
Scooby Regular

Cheers for your help mate gotta take my documents to Subaru tomorrow to get a new pin bought 2 new fobs today aswell just incase it happens again not only thing ended up buying a new turbo and a front mount all because of a fob ! Money Pit