Notices

Place to buy sensor

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2011, 10:08 AM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Place to buy sensor

I want to remove my sanwitch plate from underneath the car and want to fit the oil temprature and preassure sensor on the block somewhere.. Can this be done? Also are they just called oil temp sensor and oil pressure sensors.. Where is a good place to buy them from and does anyone have any pictures on where they are installed...
Old 30 June 2011, 11:24 AM
chaffe
Scooby Regular

ebay is your freind. No need for a sandwich plate, temp sensor goes on the top of the block above no3, and pressure sender goes at the front on top below the alternator
Old 30 June 2011, 11:44 AM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chaffe
ebay is your freind. No need for a sandwich plate, temp sensor goes on the top of the block above no3, and pressure sender goes at the front on top below the alternator
Is that oil temperature buddy, or water temp.. Im after oil temperature...
Old 30 June 2011, 11:53 AM
Jamz_
Scooby Regular

Yes that is oil temp... above calendar number 3... it is where the oil is at its hottest. Use the search button, has been discussed a number of times with guides on how to install them.
Old 30 June 2011, 12:42 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler 1
I want to remove my sanwitch plate from underneath the car
Good idea, put the sensors where Subaru intended them to go.

and want to fit the oil temprature and preassure sensor on the block somewhere.. Can this be done?
As above, oil temperature goes into a tapping above cylinder No3, which runs hottest, so that is why you need the temperature there. You need a LONG decent 8mm Allen Key to remove the bung that is in there at the moment, and you will probably need an adaptor to put your sender in there. Cylinder No3 is the rear one, driver's side.

Oil pressure goes into the tapping in which the oil pressure SWITCH is at the moment........many people leave the switch on the garage shelf, but you can have it as well if you buy a T-piece. You may NEED a T-piece anyway, as not all senders go into that space, many are too big. It's on the front of the block just under the alternator.

Also are they just called oil temp sensor and oil pressure sensors.. Where is a good place to buy them from and does anyone have any pictures on where they are installed...
Why do you need more? I thought they were in a sandwich plate under the car? Just use those, unscrew from the sandwich plate and re-use.

If you DO have to buy more, get ones compatible with whatever gauges you have. NOT all senders work with all gauges