guess the noise.. lol

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2011, 04:50 PM
99jdee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guess the noise.. lol

hey,

had my scoob for a few weeks now love it, but have had a few hiccups with it..

it now doesnt hit fuel cut i think it may have been some **** from the tank or in the injectors, engine drives fine, Gearbox seems good too no whines as far as i can tell from it or crunches

Now there is a whining noise when the car gets hot after ive took her for a good run you know..

it happens when i rev it in neutral and in gear driving..

but when stationary and i rev it up and turn the steering wheel the noise gets louder and the power sterring seems jerky and not as good, i am 90% certain its my PS pump on its way out.. because after a good drive of it and it gets hot, when pulling up to my drive it whines like **** especially when i turning the wheel..

are they prone to going or is it something else...

also problem'o number 2! is when i boot the car into boost... and take my foot of there is a deeper whining noise coming from the back left hand side i was scared in case it was the diff, but am pretty certain its coming from the left hand side just at the back, am i right to maybe guess its a wheel bearing, also it will only do it at certain times like if i accelerate off and then let the car roll after i accelerate hard you know like inbetween gears that few seconds it will deeply whine at the back left..

as people suggested im going to get the standard car and engine running god before i start modding it

Yours very confused again, Jamie.
thanks.
Old 14 June 2011, 05:01 PM
wr pete
Scooby Regular

Sounds like your power steering pump is on it's way out, check the fluid and replace with new first, and check the belt is tight as for the whine noise without hearing it it's hard to say could be the wheel bearings diff or rear brakes the rear calipers stick if the car has been parked up for long periods so check them first.
Old 14 June 2011, 05:04 PM
99jdee
Scooby Regular

i dont think it would be them sticking as ive used the car a few times recently... im pretty certain it isnt the diff as it makes no noise when flooring it or drving hard its literally just when i boot it and then change gear in 1st and second sort of low speeds and take my foot off the accelerator for a few seconds it whines at the back left.." arghh! its hard to explain.. lol sorry if it sounds like crap!

how can i tell if it is a bearing, just physically look at it?
Old 14 June 2011, 05:14 PM
wr pete
Scooby Regular

Could be a bearing, not really any way of checking other than jack car up and turn the wheel by hand and check for play in the bearing or any rough feeling when turning the wheel, if it's the brakes the noise usually disappears when you hit the pedal. And if the brake is sticking then the wheel on that side will be hotter than the rest.
Old 14 June 2011, 06:36 PM
JonnyFresh
Scooby Regular

My rear brakes have seized before. The wheel was too hot to touch after.
Old 15 June 2011, 10:57 AM
99jdee
Scooby Regular

omg im such an idiot i took it down the garage a few days ago and the bloke had a quick drive and look and said to me that one of the brakes where really hot, and it just so happens its the side that makes the noise! so how do i go about unsticking my breaks and tbh i should have mentioned but sometimes when i brakes it pulls to the left slightly.. i think maybe one of the brakes where stuck as the car was sitting for about 2 months before i came to buy it, also the pads and discs look fine which is why i am confused why the brakes are pretty crappy :S..

hmmmm.. i shall look later and see!.

Thanks!