Notices

O2 sensor 08 sti

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2011, 08:40 PM
Imy877
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default O2 sensor 08 sti

Hi, new to this forum and proud happy owner of an 08 sti.

Unfortunately the engine management light has come on and a diagnostic shows the following error; p0031 ho2s heater control circuit low (bank1 sensor1)

A quick search shows this is one of the O2 sensors, however I'm not sure where it's located on my 08 sti hatchback version. I'd like to check the wiring etc first before buying a replacement. Also if someone knows the part number or official name of this part that would be very useful. Also, any idea of cost?

I've used the search function but can't find any information relating to my particular model. Are these parts the same on older sti versions?
Old 31 May 2011, 09:09 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Its an air fuel ratio sensor which is in the exhaust manifold on the drivers front corner below the up-pipe. genuine subaru is about £300

If it's throwing a heater circuit malfunction the sensor is in need of replacement
Old 31 May 2011, 10:29 PM
Imy877
Scooby Regular

Thanks, is there a Subaru impreza parts list somewhere on this forum? I'd like the part number so could potentially source the part from the US where they seem to be cheaper.
Old 01 June 2011, 09:18 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll get you a part number from work tomorrow, I've been away on a training course at subaru uk the past 2 days so not had chance, but I'll get you a number
Old 01 June 2011, 09:54 PM
Imy877
Scooby Regular

Thanks, much appreciated. I checked the wiring today and it seemed fine, however my multi meter shows the black wires are connected somewhere, is this a symptom of a dead sensor or should the two black wires never show connected? Hope this makes sense!

Also, I called my Subaru dealer who wasn't willing to share the part number but gave a price of 340 Inc vat. The manufacturer is denso an eBay seller has the correct one I think for 130 delivered;
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11051...AMOTORS%3A1123

Does this look right?
Thanks
Old 01 June 2011, 10:59 PM
PeeVee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imy877
If someone knows the part number or official name of this part that would be very useful.

I've used the search function but can't find any information relating to my particular model. Are these parts the same on older sti versions?
Subaru call this the "Air/Fuel Ratio" sensor (Part Number 22641AA510)

This particular sensor was first introduced in late 2007 & is only listed for use with the Sti hatch.
Old 08 June 2011, 12:30 AM
Imy877
Scooby Regular

The American eBay seller let me down so I bought a walkers direct replacement part from just lambda and fitted today. I still get the same p0031 error even after clearing the fault codes with an obdII diagnostic device.

Is there anything else I can check? I've been told it is ok to drive and the fault may clear by itself? Any truth in this? And advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Trending Topics

Old 08 June 2011, 02:20 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The American eBay seller let me down so I bought a walkers direct replacement part from just lambda and fitted today. I still get the same p0031 error even after clearing the fault codes with an obdII diagnostic device.

Is there anything else I can check? I've been told it is ok to drive and the fault may clear by itself? Any truth in this? And advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
These lambda sensors from just lambda are Bosch,not Denso and Bosch will throw on New age Impreza's CEL.

If you want delete your CEL without the replacing O2 sensor is possible via RomRaider,EcuEdit,EcuFlash etc.,but this will have placebo effect,you will suffer with high MG etc.

Here is lambda sensor which seems is for your car

http://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/tabid...1/Default.aspx

Jura
Old 08 June 2011, 08:39 AM
kennyc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think that type of fault code will clear after 3 engine starts
Old 08 June 2011, 08:57 AM
Imy877
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
These lambda sensors from just lambda are Bosch,not Denso and Bosch will throw on New age Impreza's CEL.

If you want delete your CEL without the replacing O2 sensor is possible via RomRaider,EcuEdit,EcuFlash etc.,but this will have placebo effect,you will suffer with high MG etc.

Here is lambda sensor which seems is for your car

http://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/tabid...1/Default.aspx

Jura
Hi, the part I ordered and received is branded as "Walker" its sold as a direct replacement for the Denso part so should have worked? The worldcarparts link you have sent seems to be for the previous model (upto 2008 with 280hp) mines the 296hp 2008 onwards model, also theres no indication as to who manufactures that part. thanks

Last edited by Imy877; 08 June 2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08 June 2011, 08:58 AM
Imy877
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kennyc
Think that type of fault code will clear after 3 engine starts
I hope so, but I've read that it should just clear after an ECU reset, which I beleive is the same as clearing the fault codes? its had 2 cold starts since changing the sensor, will see if it clears on the third when I finish work in 8 hours time

thanks
Old 24 June 2011, 07:02 PM
Imy877
Scooby Regular

Update for anyone that finds this thread:

I tried the walker product (model 250-54025) which I've been told by two local garages is not compatible with 08 onwards models. It actually looks totally different too.

I bought the genuine denso 22641AA510 product which is the same as Denso 234-9034. Got it from the states as no one seems to stock it in the UK (besides Subaru £350)

Before ordering any of these parts I'd strongly recommend checking the wiring for the sensor and most importantly the fuse for the O2 sensors which is located under the glove box.

Thanks for everyone's help can finally enjoy s# mode.