Notices

HELP engine runs then locks :S

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2011, 02:24 AM
mastarasta47
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP engine runs then locks :S

changed my injectors, i de pressurised first time then ran the car, there was a slight leak so i removed the injector without de pressurising, ran the car again it ran for 5 seconds then seemed to lock up.... turns freely with a 22 socket on the cam but when started locks up :S
Old 30 May 2011, 06:54 AM
saiklon
Scooby Regular

The engine locks up? By locking up I imagine you mean it stalls suddenly instead of a 1 to 2 second gradual stall.

What injectors did you put in to replace the ones that were in? Have you listened to the injectors to make sure that all of them are firing? This can be done by touching a long handled screwdriver to the injector and listening at the handle. Are you measuring the AFR when you start the car?
Old 30 May 2011, 12:28 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mastarasta47
changed my injectors, i de pressurised first time then ran the car, there was a slight leak so i removed the injector without de pressurising, ran the car again it ran for 5 seconds then seemed to lock up.... turns freely with a 22 socket on the cam but when started locks up :S

it sounds like you have hydrauliced your engine, the best thing you can do at the moment is take the plugs out and see which one/s was flooded, fix that one and crank engine over without plugs in to then see if you have extra fuel in any of the cylinders, assuming you haven't bent a rod, you may be all right you will also need a oil change.
Old 03 June 2011, 08:31 AM
mastarasta47
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my94wrx
it sounds like you have hydrauliced your engine, the best thing you can do at the moment is take the plugs out and see which one/s was flooded, fix that one and crank engine over without plugs in to then see if you have extra fuel in any of the cylinders, assuming you haven't bent a rod, you may be all right you will also need a oil change.
yep turned out to be hydraulic lock, took the plug out turned the engine over without the crank sensor plugged in and a **** load of fuel run out the spark plug hole, cheers guys