Notices

strange clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2011, 01:03 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange clutch problem

I have a 5 speed uprated exceedy cluth the one rated at 400bhp fitted to my six speed box my car is running around the 380 mark, yesturday i was driving my car and out my foot down in second gear all most hit the red line point and put my clucth pedel down hard and the pedal stayed at the bottom
and it felt like there was vibrations through the pedal, i turned the engine of and tried to start it in second gear and it stalled and then the pedal went light up and down, i then tried to start it again in second gear and then all of a sudden i had my clutch back, what do you guys think the clucth is been in for a almost a year and done about 8000-9000 miles know i have been told this could be the pedal adjustment or even the fact the bearing has poped of and found its way back on i find them both a bit strange as why would this happen out of the blue

Last edited by happydude303; 28 May 2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 28 May 2011, 01:36 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

i have just spoken with another friend i know how has spent about ten yeras of his life working at sva when it was at southampton as a there main mechanic, who has also advised me this may well be that the bearing has poped of and found its way back on by a strange storke of luck, if this is the case it sounds to me the clucth is not up to the job i hope this is not the case but i feel i will have to spend my own F$%KING money to get this problem sorted out yes you could say i am starting to get a bit un happy dude about this as when i buy a product i aspect it to do the job it is ment to live up to , i mean it would be like bying a srew driver that does not srcew in screws you get me

I mean i have just had to rebuild my engine 2000 miles ago becuase of some so called subaru expert had built and mapped it a year and a half ago but had mapped it to F ING LEAN (andy vey , vey sports) i feel like you cant rely on any one these days . thank god triton motorsport rebuilt it for free and all i had to do was pay for a new crank and bearings, i bet there glad to see the back of andy vey and all of his
F UPS , i now i have a problem with my clutch on a bankl holiday week end

Last edited by happydude303; 28 May 2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 28 May 2011, 09:24 PM
Boosty
Scooby Regular

Sure it wasnt just really overheating? Im sure some warrenty would exist with the clutch. Worth asking mate.
Old 29 May 2011, 01:51 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

well this thought did cross my mind but if it over heated from a quick hard blast in second gear then it not up to the job and if the clutch has worn that thin in under 9000 miles of your average subaru driving then again it is not up to the job
Old 29 May 2011, 10:34 PM
scottydog137
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by happydude303
i have just spoken with another friend i know how has spent about ten yeras of his life working at sva when it was at southampton as a there main mechanic, who has also advised me this may well be that the bearing has poped of and found its way back on by a strange storke of luck, if this is the case it sounds to me the clucth is not up to the job i hope this is not the case but i feel i will have to spend my own F$%KING money to get this problem sorted out yes you could say i am starting to get a bit un happy dude about this as when i buy a product i aspect it to do the job it is ment to live up to , i mean it would be like bying a srew driver that does not srcew in screws you get me

I mean i have just had to rebuild my engine 2000 miles ago becuase of some so called subaru expert had built and mapped it a year and a half ago but had mapped it to F ING LEAN (andy vey , vey sports) i feel like you cant rely on any one these days . thank god triton motorsport rebuilt it for free and all i had to do was pay for a new crank and bearings, i bet there glad to see the back of andy vey and all of his
F UPS , i now i have a problem with my clutch on a bankl holiday week end

Soz to move off the thread, but whats the deal with Vey sport and Triton motorsport?

Jon Trite and Andy Vey were co-owners of Triton motorsport!!!
Old 29 May 2011, 10:38 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scottydog137
Soz to move off the thread, but whats the deal with Vey sport and Triton motorsport?

Jon Trite and Andy Vey were co-owners of Triton motorsport!!!
A while ago yes, both went their own ways.
Old 29 May 2011, 10:46 PM
scottydog137
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by happydude303
I have a 5 speed uprated exceedy cluth the one rated at 400bhp fitted to my six speed box my car is running around the 380 mark, yesturday i was driving my car and out my foot down in second gear all most hit the red line point and put my clucth pedel down hard and the pedal stayed at the bottom
and it felt like there was vibrations through the pedal, i turned the engine of and tried to start it in second gear and it stalled and then the pedal went light up and down, i then tried to start it again in second gear and then all of a sudden i had my clutch back, what do you guys think the clucth is been in for a almost a year and done about 8000-9000 miles know i have been told this could be the pedal adjustment or even the fact the bearing has poped of and found its way back on i find them both a bit strange as why would this happen out of the blue
i think its a case of air in the system!!! or a slave system failure

Trending Topics

Old 29 May 2011, 10:50 PM
scottydog137
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayallen
A while ago yes, both went their own ways.
how come?
Old 30 May 2011, 12:44 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

all i can say andy vey leaving triton is the best thing that happened to them as now they have ducan do all there mapping and ringo does all the building