Notices

Advice needed on DECAT/exhaust combos..

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2011, 03:56 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed on DECAT/exhaust combos..

Bit confused here and need a bit of help reference decats etc..

My ride is a 2004 blob-wagon WRX.. It currently has a standard system bar a pro-drive back box... So, i have on it's way to me an STI sports-cat.. thinking it would fit straight onto an aftermarket mid section..

but, whilst in Revolution today trying to order the aforementioned mid section a chap in there told me he remembered something about it being awkward trying to fit a mid section to an STI sports-cat.. he has quite rightly gone off to do a bit more digging before he orders anything..

so, has anyone fitted the sports cat to their WRX along with any other exhaust combo without any issues? the idea is to keep the prodrive back box, fit the sports cat and have it pass an MOT no probs... any advice welcome..
Old 27 April 2011, 06:20 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

Not sure about the fit bud but I can tell you, you should have no worries when it comes to MOT. You've probably still got the up pipe cat as well as the small 3rd cat before the mid section. Even if not the sports cat on its own with the rest of the system de-cated should pass fine.

Don't quote me but I think you may see some CEL warning light come on the dash with the sports cat, but I would asume the chap at Revo would know. I know when I fit mine I will need a map tweak. No doubt some of the guys on here will know. Just double check it chap or you could end up spending more.
Old 27 April 2011, 06:24 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

O and just to let you know I've currently got a decat up pipe, standard down pipe with cat, decatted 3rd section, straight through mid section with no silencer and a Ninja 2 back box. No worries with MOT, has also been remapped. All exhaust parts are Afterburner parts bar the back box.
Old 27 April 2011, 06:58 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kedlestone
O and just to let you know I've currently got a decat up pipe, standard down pipe with cat, decatted 3rd section, straight through mid section with no silencer and a Ninja 2 back box. No worries with MOT, has also been remapped. All exhaust parts are Afterburner parts bar the back box.

That's sort of what i'm after i think lol ... planning to remap soon too.. what sort of increase did you get? cheers for reply btw...

Last edited by Rez; 27 April 2011 at 07:06 PM.