Notices

Bugeye Radiator loose pipe/unplugged??? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2011, 04:35 PM
ibz2004
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bugeye Radiator loose pipe/unplugged??? Help!

I have a bugeye 2.0, 2002 (52). Never had any radiator problems as it is always full of water. However i went for a short trip this morning, came back and parked car in the drive. A few hours later the water has completely drained. I really dont recall going over a bump sharply or anything.

I have tried filling it with water but it just spills out from the bottom. I have noticed that a grey plastic/foam covered tube has come off it. This tube has a metal (very rusted) brackett around it. It seems this tube was connected to the radiator directly below the coolant box.

Just out of curiosity where does the pipe from the radiator lead to? Well anyways i can just about reach down and half put this pipe back into place. However it seems the best way to do a good job would be to jack up the car, remove the tray and do it that way

Anyone done this before? Is removing the tray a straight forward job as iv never done it before? Im a bit reluctant about lifting up the car but if its a straight forward job id rather do it myself than take it to a mechanic.

Any help or advice would be so much appreciated. thanks
Old 16 April 2011, 04:57 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

That sounds like the bottom hose connection, not sure about the foam though? Taking the under-tray off is no issue - many run without one at all I know I do.

Replacing the hose shouldn't be an issue however you may have buggered the Rad, they are easy enough to take out and swap though.
Old 16 April 2011, 05:18 PM
ibz2004
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye
That sounds like the bottom hose connection, not sure about the foam though? Taking the under-tray off is no issue - many run without one at all I know I do.

Replacing the hose shouldn't be an issue however you may have buggered the Rad, they are easy enough to take out and swap though.

Thanks for the reply. Well at first glance i wasnt thinking of replacing anything. Just trying to fix the bottom hose back into place. If it has just come out of place then surely it wouldnt have damaged the radiator?

Where is the best place to buy a hose. Ebay?
Old 16 April 2011, 06:51 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

If I hadn't had to cut mine to get it off today I'd have let you have mine! I'd go ebay tbh or give some of the breakers a ring, e.g Andy @ Scoobyspares.
Old 16 April 2011, 07:48 PM
ibz2004
Scooby Regular

one further Q before i have a look at it in the morning. Any idea where i get those hose clips from? this one seems to be broken, hence the hose coming loose