Notices

Rattling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2011, 09:48 AM
rumsey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling Problem

I have had alot of work done and noticed a weird rattling problem like a heat shield noise when in lower revs in 3rd,4th etc pulling off.

I have had all the heat shield checked and they are fine.

My garage seem to think its the heat shield under the turbo which is the only one he didnt check.

I have noticed there is some movement on the Radiator and when you give it a little nudge it does have some give (no idea if that is normal) or should the Rad be very secure with zero give?

I have had a new headgasket and didnt change the header bolts or bearing as the SUBARU garage said it wasnt needed so didnt bother but i have read that these things can go but would that make a rattling noise in the lower revs when putting strain on the engine?

the noise is getting on my nerves now and the garage just cant find where its coming from so any ideas would be a great help.

thanks
Old 29 March 2011, 11:09 AM
tjmatt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the Up-pipe heat shield. Don't know if yours has a cat in it but assuming not they tend to break and you end up with two halves top and bottom which rattle around. Not sure on the easiest way to fix it though.