HELP!!! Big probems after inlet manifold removal and refit

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2011, 12:12 PM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Big probems after inlet manifold removal and refit

Hi all,

Even though I noted all steps, taped up all electrical connections, etc I have found the following issues:

Fuel level gauge inside car says tank empty and orange light on.
Fuel pump runs constantly and never stops, even though no leaks...I've also adjusted the SX reg and the fuel pressure gauge I have shows the adjustment in pressure, but the pump still never stops.

The rad fan kicks in every now and again, just for a few seconds, without engine running obviously.
The AVCR reads a throttle position of 100% even with the throttle sensor connector disconnected.

Could it be the bunch of big electrical connectors behind the battery aren't fully connected? I'm thinking of trying this next.
Old 08 March 2011, 07:53 PM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found it! The right hand (pas side) big block connectors have internal rubber seals and both of them had moved. I couldn't get one to sit back properly without it covering one pin up so ended up removing both, filling with vaseline and then sealing with rubber tape to make sure no moisture as these connections are sensitive. Both connectors clicked into place and Bob's your uncle no 100% throttle, pump runs for few seconds and stops, no fans running and even fuel gauge worked (not sure this one related to the connector but who knows). I think the ECU will tell pump to run constantly if throttle says 100% even with engine not running or turning over.
Old 08 March 2011, 08:04 PM
OcTag3n
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear you got it sorted. This sort of problem would of had me pulling my hair out for ages.