2007 WRX Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2011, 12:17 PM
pg30wrz2007
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 WRX Manifold

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new to all this so need some advice. I have a 2007 2.5 WRX Impreza.

I've just done a full decat and got a 3" system cobra system all the way through. I also brought an equal length manifold from JPerformance.

I'm putting a VF48 Turbo on and the std. top mount intercooler along with upgrading the fuel pump and I've fitted a cold air induction kit.

This is going for a remap with Bob Rawle on Tuesday 15th.

I did the majority of the work yesterday although the turbo and fuel pump will be fitted next weekend.

After fitting the system I started the car up and to my horror, it doesn't sound like a Subaru any more. Its lost that distinctive gurgle. My mechanic said its the equal length manifold thats causing it.

I want to acheive around 340-350 BHP with it and wondered if I'd be better with switching back to the std manifold to get that sound back. Will I be at a disadvantage in terms of performance at that level?

I want the Subaru sound but I also want the car to fly! So will it effect the performance if I switch back to the std. manifold? If so what manifold should I go for...? Please bear in mind I'll need to source this before this Friday!!!!

Thanks for your help,

Paul
Old 06 March 2011, 12:48 PM
Bez300
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Paul.
Welcome to the Subaru.
As you said, the Subaru Burble is so important. the equal length header will take that sound away.
you will need to go back to un equal.
The equal length will give you that bit more power, but 340 - 350 is well within the reach of the un equal headers.
You will find that the engine management light will come on when you give it a boot full, this will be because of the de cat, Bob will map that out for you.
The std wrx top mount will set your limit, you might need to go for a STi TMIC, but check with bob before you have it mapped.

Good look and start to save for a 6 speed gearbox.

Bez
Old 06 March 2011, 03:31 PM
pg30wrz2007
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Can anyone make any recommendations as to unequal headers and where to get them from in time for next weekend?

Or will the std. headers be ok for the power I'm shooting for?
Old 06 March 2011, 06:42 PM
Bez300
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same place you got your exhaust from, the Tubular blob 2.0l fits on. I am running same exhaust as you.

Bez