Notices

Couple of questions... brakes, suspension

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2011, 08:24 PM
Walle1danman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of questions... brakes, suspension

My current weekend car is leaving on the 1st of march so instead of buying another car ive decided to get my 04 STI PPP back on the road after over a year being SORN.

The car is going in for its service, MOT etc but i have some questions regarding upgrades.

Remapping:
I live in Sussex, any recommendations on who can remap my car?

Suspension:
Im pretty sure that after 60,000 miles of hard driving my shocks were worn out, but as the car was being taken off the road I never bothered to get them looked at. If they do need replacing i would likely use OM parts. What are the rough costs? What are the other options?

Brakes:
Im assuming that AP racing brakes are still the best options? Do i go for 4 or 6 pots? Do i choose the alternatives from tarox or other....?

Tyres:
All four are going to be replaced but ive been out of the loop. What are the options? Confidence in the wet is important, seeing as global warming is having an impact on the british weather.

Thanks for any help
Old 21 February 2011, 11:59 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there i always use for remapping the Neil@Slowboy Racing which is near Brands Hatch.
He can remap your car without problem and can advise for future upgrade and price for remap is £300-£350.

Suspension,if you want go by OEM route you can have look on Camskill website,where are available full set front and rear for around £400,these are KYB and are OEM quality and which i recommend.

Brakes:
Depends if you doing lot of track days i would go with AP,but if not i would stick with Brembo and go for uprated disc as Performance Friction with EBC Blue Stuff NDX.Don't spend money there if is not need.

Tyres:I would go with Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta,which are probably best out there.

Jura