Notices

Glass scratched

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2011, 06:14 PM
QUICKSCOOB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glass scratched

Fetched my Scooby back from bodyshop on Friday after having Vortex Generator fitted.Gave her a bit of a clean today and noticed a few surface scratches on the roof.Was'nt to bothered as can have them buffed out.HOWEVER i then noticed 3 scratches on drivers window,about 4-5 inches long.Wondering if anything can be done about them and how i aproach the bodyshop (i get on well with them).
Old 12 February 2011, 07:30 PM
r1c
Scooby Regular

any good garage/bodyshop should do a damage report before starting work on it, if only for themselves to cover them from this. then again if you have a good repour with them go and say!! dont accuse them! im sure if your polite and curtious there are more likely to admit IF they caused any damage. after all have they been anywhere near the roof or window?
Old 12 February 2011, 10:03 PM
QUICKSCOOB
Scooby Regular

Cheers r1c for the advice.Yeah i know them as they fitted my Perrin wing stiffis and resprayed my mates Skyline.I wasn't bothered about the roof as it can easily be sorted.My problem is i don't know if anything can be done about scratches on glass.
Old 12 February 2011, 10:12 PM
karl_1986
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by QUICKSCOOB
Cheers r1c for the advice.Yeah i know them as they fitted my Perrin wing stiffis and resprayed my mates Skyline.I wasn't bothered about the roof as it can easily be sorted.My problem is i don't know if anything can be done about scratches on glass.
if you have fully comp insurance then give autoglass a ring they will proberly be able to replace the window for you and it will only cost you a small portion of the actual price normally charged and it wont effect your no claims bonus
Old 12 February 2011, 10:33 PM
QUICKSCOOB
Scooby Regular

Cheers Karl,but i noticed an add at top of page for glass repair.Have requested a call back to see if they can help.Will still go to bodyshop to see what they say.