Notices

Vf36 intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2011, 01:55 AM
Legacyb4-Dan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vf36 intercooler

Is there any need to go for a FMIC when running vf36, i was looking at either going for a uprated Hyperflow TMIC or a custom FMIC on the legacy. Im thinking the uprated TMIC might be enough for the vf36?
Old 12 February 2011, 07:29 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Legacyb4-Dan
Is there any need to go for a FMIC when running vf36, i was looking at either going for a uprated Hyperflow TMIC or a custom FMIC on the legacy. Im thinking the uprated TMIC might be enough for the vf36?
The STi TMIC will be more than sufficient for your needs, the VF36 at a stretch will be capable of around 370-380bhp with supporting modifications and the STi TMIC can more than handle that.
Old 12 February 2011, 08:56 AM
Suberman
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
The STi TMIC will be more than sufficient for your needs, the VF36 at a stretch will be capable of around 370-380bhp with supporting modifications and the STi TMIC can more than handle that.
Agree.

Hey Ty, not sure if you've missed my reply from my 'broken exhaust' thread. Anyway, replied you on the what the exhaust options are like in Singapore.
Old 12 February 2011, 11:23 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suberman
Agree.

Hey Ty, not sure if you've missed my reply from my 'broken exhaust' thread. Anyway, replied you on the what the exhaust options are like in Singapore.
Just had a look and it seems like they 'police' vehicle legislation quite tightly over there, I take it then that you don't give the throttle a blip in order to attract the attention of the local rozzers.

If VOSA and the Police got that bad over here then nearly all the Imprezas, Evos and Skylines would be taken off the road and crushed.

There is legislation in the UK now that all the catalytic convertors installed must be type approved in order to pass the annual VOSA test but I have yet to here of any vehicle failing it's test because of it having a non standard, non approved system fitted.
Old 12 February 2011, 12:06 PM
Legacyb4-Dan
Scooby Regular

thing is i cant use the STI TMIC, ill be sticking with the standard Legacy on which is pretty small.

Hyperflow one seems like it would be a good choice:
http://www.hyperflow.com.au/index.ph...id=hytm-libgtc

Its pretty expensive though
Old 12 February 2011, 12:10 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

thing is i cant use the STI TMIC, ill be sticking with the standard Legacy on which is pretty small.

Ok then, sorry I thought you were installing the VF36 into a newage Impreza, given that then I suppose a FMIC is a viable alternative.

Not sure though about Legacy FMIC's perhaps it might be worth contacting Harvey Smith user name Harvey to see if he can help, but you are probably going to have to do some modifications.
Old 12 February 2011, 01:11 PM
Legacyb4-Dan
Scooby Regular

i was onto harvey a few weeks back and he said he could do up a FMIC for he legacy but would need the car for a day or two for the intercooler work. I think for the power ill be able to get from the vf36 the uprated top mount might be good enough.

Ill see what my mapper thinks is the best option
Old 12 February 2011, 04:11 PM
Suberman
Scooby Regular

Just had a look and it seems like they 'police' vehicle legislation quite tightly over there, I take it then that you don't give the throttle a blip in order to attract the attention of the local rozzers.

If VOSA and the Police got that bad over here then nearly all the Imprezas, Evos and Skylines would be taken off the road and crushed.

There is legislation in the UK now that all the catalytic convertors installed must be type approved in order to pass the annual VOSA test but I have yet to here of any vehicle failing it's test because of it having a non standard, non approved system fitted.
It is. But it has improved over the years. There was a time where you could not even fit an aftermarket muffler, regardless of brand or noise levels.

I'm running a totally stock system so i heel toe everywhere i go.
Old 12 February 2011, 04:12 PM
Suberman
Scooby Regular

i was onto harvey a few weeks back and he said he could do up a FMIC for he legacy but would need the car for a day or two for the intercooler work. I think for the power ill be able to get from the vf36 the uprated top mount might be good enough.

Ill see what my mapper thinks is the best option
Are there no aftermarket TMIC for the legacy? Sorry, i'm not too famiiliar with aftermarket Legacy parts.
Old 12 February 2011, 04:16 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suberman
Are there no aftermarket TMIC for the legacy? Sorry, i'm not too famiiliar with aftermarket Legacy parts.
Out there are Aftermarket TMIC(AVO,Hyperflow,Perrin etc),but are pricey,same is with FMIC(on one website cost $1100)

Jura
Old 12 February 2011, 07:18 PM
Legacyb4-Dan
Scooby Regular

^^ as i mentioned above seems like the cheapest aftermarket option and should provide a big improvement over the standard TMIC. I think a custom TMIC would probably work out more expensive too, the front mount aftermarket ones are 1200+ from most companies! Definitely not a cheap car to upgrade!
Old 12 February 2011, 07:56 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Hi there you can contact Harvey,if will fabricate custom pipework of his HDi for your Legacy,i know he's done Hawkeye FMIC and put HDi FMIC on his wife Vectra.
Just my thoughts,but will be lot cheaper than any available FMIC or TMIC.

Jura
Old 18 February 2011, 04:41 PM
Legacyb4-Dan
Scooby Regular

might have found a 2nd hand AVO TMIC, i think ill get that or the Hyperflow, no need for a FMIC on mine yet!