Notices

Opinions on my turbo rebuild! Vf23 expired!

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2011, 12:09 AM
A1AXX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up Opinions on my turbo rebuild! Vf23 expired!

Hi all

I have a v3 sti wrx. Basically last week it sucked some debris in to the turbo. Diagnosed by CR turbos. About half a blade got digested by the turbo! I have cleaned the intercooler out about 4 times, I reckon I have definitely found most of it!

The new turbo arrives on Wednesday, it's still a vf23, but the destroyed impeller and scratched casing has been replaces with a vf34 impeller. The turbo balanced out perfectly and has no bearing issues. So it will still produce identical boost as it did before.

Has this ever happened to anyone on here before, and did anyone come across any issues with the engine, the rings and valves etc?

I'm excited to get her back on the road, gutted it happened.
Old 01 February 2011, 12:35 AM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A1AXX
Hi all

I have a v3 sti wrx. Basically last week it sucked some debris in to the turbo. Diagnosed by CR turbos. About half a blade got digested by the turbo! I have cleaned the intercooler out about 4 times, I reckon I have definitely found most of it!

The new turbo arrives on Wednesday, it's still a vf23, but the destroyed impeller and scratched casing has been replaces with a vf34 impeller. The turbo balanced out perfectly and has no bearing issues. So it will still produce identical boost as it did before.

Has this ever happened to anyone on here before, and did anyone come across any issues with the engine, the rings and valves etc?

I'm excited to get her back on the road, gutted it happened.

glad you got the turbo sorted, unfortunately you will need a remap as the way the boost comes in be completely different to the old turbo.