Notices

intermittent power loss with no fault codes

Search this Thread

Old 27 January 2011, 06:16 PM
stotmeister
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intermittent power loss with no fault codes

Hi all, I'm having power loss for a split second on half throttle, its almost like the turbo is spooling too late. This is only happening intermittently. It runs sweet 1 minute & its a dog to drive the next. Anyone have any ideas please? All input much appreciated. Oh & I've had no fault codes.

Last edited by stotmeister; 27 January 2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 27 January 2011, 06:31 PM
Bigbob3000
Scooby Regular

Could be the MAF, does it feel alittle iffy at a stable speed?...
Old 27 January 2011, 07:03 PM
stotmeister
Scooby Regular

Just feels really flat sometimes, almost like the turbos cutting in & out.already replaced the boost solonoid to no avail. Really stressing about it, keeps me awake at night.
Old 28 January 2011, 09:25 PM
luke 81
Scooby Newbie

If you have a fta dump valve these tend to become weak and don't hold presure, if you do have one try the stadard one, can't do no harm
Old 28 January 2011, 09:27 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Where abouts are you based mate?

Steve
Old 28 January 2011, 10:26 PM
stotmeister
Scooby Regular

I'm based in Berkshire.
Old 29 January 2011, 01:12 PM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

cud be neutral positioning switch..my car felt fine up to about 4000 then it wud feel flat as a fart...mine shown up to be faulty when had the car mapped as i had no fault codes etc..might be worth checking out 60quid for a new 1..
Old 29 January 2011, 02:16 PM
stotmeister
Scooby Regular

Mines responds the other way round. I get horrible stuttering acceleration up to 4k on half throttle but past 4k still pulls like a train. Richard at FB Tuning is going to take a look for me,I'm no Scooby genius so don't really understand symptoms & compensations that the ecu is making. Richard has said it is knocking back my advance multiplyer, and is going too take a look this weekend. I'm just sat here stewing because its so bad to drive and its driving me crazy. I'm a bit of a perfectionist its not a matter of life and death its much more serious than that
Old 29 January 2011, 07:39 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Least your on the case mate. Was going to suggest I could plug a reader in mate for free and let you know but can't go wrong with Rich at FB Tuning.

Steve
Old 29 January 2011, 08:02 PM
stotmeister
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the offer mate, but only got to wait another day. Rich has said he will definitely get to the bottom of it, just feel like a kid and my favourite toy is broken. I will post results of what he finds tomorrow night. Thanks again Steve!
Old 29 January 2011, 08:31 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stotmeister
Thanks for the offer mate, but only got to wait another day. Rich has said he will definitely get to the bottom of it, just feel like a kid and my favourite toy is broken. I will post results of what he finds tomorrow night. Thanks again Steve!
Not a problem at all mate just thought I'd help. I'm not out to take advantage of the tuners mate at all. I simply help a fellow owner to check codes and diagnose the problemif possible by reading the code/codes and leave it to the owner to contact a tuner or mapper so to speak. But gives the owner a starting point to go to the tuner of choice.

Rich is a very good tuner and think we will be hearing a lot more about him in the very near future (Budgies car being done by FB Tuning) so your in safe hands.

Steve
Old 29 January 2011, 08:33 PM
Ginola
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before rich comes over tommorow you need to go and nick robs MAF or better still get rob to come over and hand it over.

stop stressing anyways rich will fix.
Old 29 January 2011, 11:04 PM
stotmeister
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx
Not a problem at all mate just thought I'd help. I'm not out to take advantage of the tuners mate at all. I simply help a fellow owner to check codes and diagnose the problemif possible by reading the code/codes and leave it to the owner to contact a tuner or mapper so to speak. But gives the owner a starting point to go to the tuner of choice.

Rich is a very good tuner and think we will be hearing a lot more about him in the very near future (Budgies car being done by FB Tuning) so your in safe hands.

Steve
Much appreciate the offer mate, its good to have people like you around. Richard has looked after me very well since the day after I bought the car. Originally I bought it from a 74 year old guy who was going into a nursing home who had it from new. It was very sluggish on the test drive but nothing that worried me. The day after I bought it I took it up a steep Hill and got an engine light. (see thread engine light) A friend recommended scoobynet & Richard. After sending Richard a PM he responded within the hour, came round and fixed the fault. Nice guy! Even my kids want a kiss when he leaves. I know I'm in brilliant hands but thanks again Steve, will let you know the results.
Old 19 February 2011, 07:16 PM
big_dan25
Scooby Regular

did u ever find out what the prolem was mate
Old 19 February 2011, 10:20 PM
stotmeister
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by big_dan25
did u ever find out what the prolem was mate
Been with Richard all afternoon trying to sort it, so far we have replaced cam piston sensor, knock sensor, maf sensor, spark plugs,removed cleaned and replaced all earths, reset ecu & still runs really bad.
Falling out of love with my Scoobs very rapidly and just want to give up now.
Old 19 February 2011, 10:59 PM
stotmeister
Scooby Regular

As soon as Richard finds out what it is I will post results. He's going to take another look for me next week.
Old 19 February 2011, 11:05 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Running a boost gauge? Checked the intake pipe?

Steve
Old 19 February 2011, 11:51 PM
stotmeister
Scooby Regular

No boost gauge mate, I have done a mapping session with Richard which he logged. Standard turbo is running 1.2bar & runs sweet when he's finished but a day later it pulls timing out all over the place & has very stuttery acceleration on half throttle. The fault was there when I bought the car, its just more apparent now because of the performance increase. Richard has checked the intakes and replaced the plugs for me because it misfired on the odd occasion on start up when warm but when he took them out he said there was nothing wrong with them. Beginning to think the ecu maybe faulty. When he finds it I'll post the fault.