Anti Perforation Warranty? 2005 sti

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2011, 12:51 PM
craigoscott
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti Perforation Warranty? 2005 sti

Hi all,

I have a 2005 sti type uk, which has had all body work inspections carried out at a subaru dealership with all body work tickets stamped in the service book, now my question is, does the bodywork carry a 10 year antiperforation warranty like other car makers? to be honest i havent checked my paperwork yet, but i know my car has never been resprayed and i have found some of the dreaded coming through on the drivers side front arch....

I am the 3rd owner of the car as well if that makes any difference?

So the question is, will i get any luck at a subaru dealership with getting this fixed, or will they laugh at me?

thanks,
Old 19 January 2011, 02:01 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem I've heard of with any anti-perforation warranty, regardless of length of time it's in place, is proving it's not had paint. Generally a dealer will check it's in warranty, check paperwork and then ask the bodyshop to look. I've been fobbed off by Audi who told me as it'd be painted before I was no longer covered.

At the time I couldn't prove it hadn't as it was 2nd hand. It depends on if you want to play the long game with them?
Old 19 January 2011, 02:18 PM
craigoscott
Scooby Regular

ive had the same with a ford bodyshop before, they checked the paint thickness with a gauge and said because it had been repainted they wouldnt fix it.

I have a paint thickness gauge myself now, and the readings are the same all over the car to indicate original paint, i suppose i should try the long game!
Old 19 January 2011, 02:51 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you're on the ball mate I wished I'd had access to a gauge when I confronted Audi, sadly I didn't. It wouldn't surprise me if they then dispute the overall readings

"120 microns? Oh no, ours come with paint that reads 80-100"
Old 20 January 2011, 08:03 PM
craigoscott
Scooby Regular

yeah im sure they most probably wont pay out for it to be done without kicking up some fuss, just didnt kno if anyone had been successful in claiming from them!