Notices

Coolant temp sensor

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2011, 11:07 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant temp sensor

Hi guys, have a prob with my00 Uk classic, the first symptom which hasn't reared it's ugly head for a while was bubbling in header tank with a normal temp gauge reading, also sometimes when I rev it seems like its misfiring, and there can also be small bursts of black smoke when letting off throttle after revving, what u guys/gurus think? Splitpin I don't want a reply from you if you're just gonna moan and come the big one.

Thanks in advance guys
Old 13 January 2011, 11:28 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigfarlz
Hi guys, have a prob with my00 Uk classic, the first symptom which hasn't reared it's ugly head for a while was bubbling in header tank with a normal temp gauge reading,
Would indicate anything from an airlock to a HG failure. Either bleed the system in the prescribed way. Or start at the other end and get a sniffer test done.

also sometimes when I rev it seems like its misfiring, and there can also be small bursts of black smoke when letting off throttle after revving, what u guys/gurus think?
Black smoke from the exhaust is indicative of a fueling problem possibly caused by a broken down plug or coil pack/lead. Which would also cause a miss.

Splitpin I don't want a reply from you if you're just gonna moan and come the big one.
Splitpin, for your information knows more about the Impreza than most. He is always concise, to the point technically correct, also he is not afraid to tell people how he sees it. If more people had his knowledge and affirmed attitude SNet would be an even better place than it already is.
Old 13 January 2011, 11:38 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
Would indicate anything from an airlock to a HG failure. Either bleed the system in the prescribed way. Or start at the other end and get a sniffer test done.

Black smoke from the exhaust is indicative of a fueling problem possibly caused by a broken down plug or coil pack/lead. Which would also cause a miss.

Splitpin, for your information knows more about the Impreza than most. He is always concise, to the point technically correct, also he is not afraid to tell people how he sees it. If more people had his knowledge and affirmed attitude SNet would be an even better place than it already is.
Fair enough, I have already changed plugs for ngk's a few months ago, but I might add I have just fitted an induction kit, although this problem has occurred in the past but passed! ( sorry no pun intended!)

One thing though, splitpin has pi@@Ed me off one too many times, I know the guy is knowledgable but I don't like his attitude so I'd rather lose out on his info than let him pi@@ me off again. The man has no decorum, and I've told him not to comment on my posts again in fear of me locating him and forwith shutting up his trap personally
Old 14 January 2011, 10:55 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Fair enough, I have already changed plugs for ngk's a few months ago, but I might add I have just fitted an induction kit, although this problem has occurred in the past but passed! ( sorry no pun intended!)
Revert the mod then, see what that gives ya.

One thing though, splitpin has pi@@Ed me off one too many times, I know the guy is knowledgable but I don't like his attitude so I'd rather lose out on his info than let him pi@@ me off again. The man has no decorum, and I've told him not to comment on my posts again in fear of me locating him and forwith shutting up his trap personally
Lots of people p!ss me of on a day to day basis, face to face, never mind on a poxy bbs. Though i find it is no reason to ignore them, nor do i let them wind me up to the point of violent behaviour. If i did/had then i would perhaps be doing time. I guess that is just my life experience and maturity showing through.

Last edited by Glowplug; 14 January 2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 14 January 2011, 10:58 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Revert the mod then, see what that gives ya.

Lots of people p!ss me of on a day to day basis, face to face, never mind on a poxy bbs. Though i find it is no reason to ignore them, nor do i let them wind me up to the point of violent behaviour. If i did/had then i would perhaps be doing time. I guess that is just my life experience and maturity showing through.[/QUOTE]

Evening Steve
Got your cracked coil pack issue sorted now mate?
Good advice too mate
Old 14 January 2011, 11:17 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriverules
Evening Steve
Got your cracked coil pack issue sorted now mate?
Good advice too mate
Evening Ryan.
Yeah got a result with the packs, £70 the lot. So still got 2 spare.

It's probably people with farlz attitude that is the reason for Split not posting now. I think there is more to it than that, but it will not of helped.
The board in general will suffer, but specifically the less knowledgeable members will lose good sources of valuable information and education due to the absence of such knowledgeable members, IMO a shame for all. He never asked for any thing afaicr, and was always willing to face you in the right direction.
Old 14 January 2011, 11:35 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Evening Ryan.
Yeah got a result with the packs, £70 the lot. So still got 2 spare.

It's probably people with farlz attitude that is the reason for Split not posting now. I think there is more to it than that, but it will not of helped.
The board in general will suffer, but specifically the less knowledgeable members will lose good sources of valuable information and education due to the absence of such knowledgeable members, IMO a shame for all. He never asked for any thing afaicr, and was always willing to face you in the right direction.
+1,imho i did find his attitude abit rude when i first joined but soon realised it was all in good stead and had some good convo's with splitter's in PM's and realised he was only like you said saying it as it is really and wasn't afraid to,its just to new member's it can seem a bit intimidating or offensive when they first encounter him.
Old 14 January 2011, 11:55 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriverules
+1,imho i did find his attitude abit rude when i first joined but soon realised it was all in good stead and had some good convo's with splitter's in PM's and realised he was only like you said saying it as it is really and wasn't afraid to,its just to new member's it can seem a bit intimidating or offensive when they first encounter him.
Totally agree with you Ryan. Although i never found him rude 'per se', just blunt, perhaps a little abrupt, but always straight down the pipe where tech advice was concerned which is totally his bag.
Like you, i had some good conversations and PM's with the man, in which i learned a substantial amount about the Impreza, but very little about the man.

Last edited by Glowplug; 14 January 2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 15 January 2011, 12:00 AM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Totally agree with you Ryan. Although i never found him rude 'per se', just blunt, perhaps a little abrupt, but always straight down the pipe where tech advice was concerned which is totally his bag.
Like you, i had some good conversations and PM's with the man, in which i learned a substantial amount about the Impreza, but very little about the man.
Totally agree there Steve although a did find out his name 'Clark Kent' if i remember rightly.
Old 15 January 2011, 12:11 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone ever met him ? Does he talk like he types ?

I usually find the person who writes like he did is often very different when spoken to,a bit like an alter ego,the net brings them out of their shell.

All good fun tho, as long as he knows the answers to our faults, keep up the good typing

now,back on topic
Old 15 January 2011, 12:24 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
Anyone ever met him ? Does he talk like he types ?

I usually find the person who writes like he did is often very different when spoken to,a bit like an alter ego,the net brings them out of their shell.

All good fun tho, as long as he knows the answers to our faults, keep up the good typing

now,back on topic
I imagine from the PM's, he pretty much walks the walk Rig. I am aware of his previous employment and it all ties in very nicely.