Notices

Still got new clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2011, 08:44 PM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still got new clutch problem

hi guys..had a new clutch fitted (stage1exedyclutch)with skimmed standard flywheel...ive done probly 500 miles since the clutch was changed and im still gettin alot of judder when shifting up at high revs in lower gears but when driving it nice and slow its fine its just when i go to put my foot down as soon as i lift the clutch it chudders i wud of thought it wud of beded in by now or does this take longer....when i had clutch done my engine light came on took it bk to the garage and it was a fault code for the cam positioning switch...they took it bk in for a good hour they cleaned all the connecters etc but they was suprised as when replacing the clutch the sensor is no where near the clutch etc the light no longer came on but say never had this problem b4 cud this juddering be down to the camms...
Old 02 January 2011, 08:54 PM
classicgc8
Scooby Regular

worth getting a check on the engine mounts if the garage who did the work are reputable,hopefully its not down to the flywheel again, classic scoobs are known to have issues with judder,not that familiar with newage but with a refaced flywheel and new clutch is should be eliminated.
Old 02 January 2011, 09:03 PM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

its a newage 2004 sti...it wasnt like this b4 i had the clutch done...a few people have said its probly not bedded in but afta 500 or so miles i wud of thought it wud b fine..it seems funny it onley does it if i lift the clutch at high revs to change gear the car just throws u bk and forth almost like a bad misfire sensation..just a bit confused why that code came up for the cam positoning switch, the code has gone afta they had a look but they didnt replace the sensor..they said they just cleaned all the connecters etc...cud the judder be down to anything else or is it deffinitly clutch related...bare in mind as it never ran like this b4 i had clutch done..
Old 02 January 2011, 09:08 PM
classicgc8
Scooby Regular

clutch wont need bedding in ,pressure plate is flat and new ,flywheel if refaced properly will be flat so should be no judder as no high spots will be on either.best to get someone to have a look,where abouts are you, im sure someone will point you in the direction of a trustworthy place,im in bath at my garage and will have a look but doubt its anywhere near you ???
Old 02 January 2011, 09:56 PM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

im leicester mate...thanx for the advice if i was closer then i wud of brought it down..gonna take it bk to the garage scoobyworks loughbough..im hopeing its nothing to serious so theres no bedding in required they did say take it easy for a while but wud of thought i wud be fine by now..
Old 02 January 2011, 10:20 PM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

Just to recap just to make sure i have got clutch judder...the cars fine from start up and moving of in 1st its completly fine going up and down the gears when driving like a sunday driver..its just when i lift the clutch to change gear at high revs lets say from 2nd to 3rd the car just throws u bk and forth(not violently) like powers been cut for a split second then comes bk on like a miss fire (but it not)
Old 02 January 2011, 10:28 PM
classicgc8
Scooby Regular

??? not clutch "judder" then by sound of that,wont rule out clutch yet though ,hmmm really difficult to diagnose without driving it ! let us know how you get on,might be worth a second opinion if somone can reccomend somewhere local to you bud ,
Old 02 January 2011, 10:37 PM
subaru slim
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem as you also with the same brand of clutch slipped like hell took it to garages one said something about tension and the other had no clue the clutch had only covered 3000 miles in the end I gave up and had a custom made clutch fitted from the garage who did the orginal one they also gave me a discount after fitting not sure what the problem was but I read somewhere about cheap Chinese Copys my car is a 2003
Old 03 January 2011, 06:00 PM
jayukRS
Scooby Regular

thats intresting.....im still concerned about the cam positioning switch fault which came up afta the clutch was fitted...wud it be due to the camms switching of at high revs then kicking bk in again????? or am i speaking **** dont no an awfull lot about cars just the basics...the work was done by scoobyworks there a part of scoobyworld so wud of thought the clutch wud be a genuine one...