Notices

V7 STI AVCS Cylinder Heads in a classic sti 6

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2011, 01:25 PM
kurt sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V7 STI AVCS Cylinder Heads in a classic sti 6

What do I need do use V7 JDM STI AVCS Cylinder Heads in a classic sti 6 do I need to do a complete rewiring of the car or can use a ECU like the Solaris one whit an extra wing loom.
Can a V7 JDM STI AVCS Cylinder Heads be modified to no AVCS and what will it take to do this

kurt
Old 02 January 2011, 02:20 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Kurt i know this is possible on JDM NewAge WRX to get work(JDM WRX ECU have pinout for AVCS and via RomRaider you can adjust/tune the AVCS),but on Classic i'm not sure,probably you will need aftermarket ECU like Solaris,Syvecs or Link G4 ECU(this ECU is used mainly at US)
Maybe will help.

Jura
Old 02 January 2011, 04:57 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt sti
What do I need do use V7 JDM STI AVCS Cylinder Heads in a classic sti 6 do I need to do a complete rewiring of the car or can use a ECU like the Solaris one whit an extra wing loom.
Can a V7 JDM STI AVCS Cylinder Heads be modified to no AVCS and what will it take to do this

kurt
You can run them with a syvecs/solaris, you will just need to run extra wires from the heads to the ecu to control them.

Yes they can be run with the avcs not running but then there would be no point changing from your current heads, as they are good for 500+ bhp.

Banny
Old 04 January 2011, 01:34 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt sti

kurt
you just need an ECU that supports AVCS and its one extra sensor and one extra trigger per head...I'll be running AVCS in a v6 classic with a Hydra ECU.